Product Manager / Dorset / £30-34k / FMCG / Plus excellent benefits
My client is a leading FMCG company based near Bath, and is looking for a Product Manager to join their team. The Product Manager is responsible for the managing the product lifecycle with a key focus on driving new product development process.
- EVENT PLANNING - Contributing significantly to the NPD plan & strategy
- MARKETING STRATEGY - Advising on NPD availability for Marketing initiatives
- COMMUNICATIONS - Product change communication completed to the business by Brand Manager
- BUDGET MANAGEMENT - Managing costings of new projects and compare final to indicative cost.
- REPORTING - Managing the sign-off (costings & timins) for all NPD
- Managing the product life cycle and NPD generation through development, testing, production to a successful & timely launch for all channels.
- Maintaining at all times clear and concise trackers for a projects key activities including Dev Stages, Development Projects, Discontinuation tracker, and any other form of tracker for projects to the same process with the Project Manager for Natural Health.
- Organising the weekly Product Delivery Meetings. This meeting goes across a wider function of NPD delivery (supply chain, formulations and packaging) meetings are used to ensure projects that are signed off are delivered to agreed dates.
- Supporting the Head of NPD and Brand Managers with the monthly Product Meetings.
- Managing the NPD process to ensure proposals meet and pass through the various tests ensuring key stakeholders are fully aware of costs / risks associated with the activity.
- Problem solving, highlighting to the Head of NPD any problems that have arisen on projects and proactively working with the team to find out the source of the issue and solutions to present to the Head of NPD for review.
- Overseeing activities cross functionally to ensure a high level of quality and on time delivery.
- Generating & completing artwork briefs with product information specific to the product.
- Ensuring processes across business are kept to where possible.
- Working with the Compliance Co-ordinator to ensure artworks are given the right target completion dates.
- Weekly updates to Head of NPD on project workload/capacity.
- Completing indicative costings on new projects, this will involve collating information from different sources.
- Cost comparison, when a product is completed, a cost comparison is done via the indicative and highlighted to the Brand Manager if the costings are on track or out, and if out, why.
- Monitoring timelines on projects, alerting when dates are missed and a knock on effect to the launch of a product. Working with the team to ensure this does not happen.
- Working on development ideas from a brief, which will entail putting together indicative timings on projects.
- Completing prototype approval forms and development approval forms for projects.
- Working with subcontractors where applicable on projects.
- Building relationships and trust within the team to be the leader and go to on information.
- Providing leadership, coaching and motivation for the project team, implementing and managing an effective process and productive ways of operating as a team.
- Completing timesheets on activities throughout the day.
- Building a new bill of materials on SAGE for a new product, and ensuring this PLU is approved to allow forecasts to be planned against it correctly.
SPECIAL CHARACTERISTICS REQUIRED
- To have 5+ years of project management experience within an fmcg environment.
- To be of graduate calibre (Marketing/Business/Management preferred).
- To demonstrate strong project planning capabilities & with detailed knowledge of key project planning software.
- To show the ability to prioritise, manage time and resilience under pressure.
- To be highly planned & have advanced organisational skills are a pre-requisite.
- To demonstrate good analytical skills, with high levels of computer literacy.
- To be a proactive self-starter, adaptable & flexible to change.
- To possess excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- To demonstrate good interpersonal skills and strong team player.
- To be a self-starter with completer/finisher attributes.