International Business Development Manager (TMCi)
This is a really exciting vacancy for an International Business Development Manager (TMCi Group) to join an award-winning BD team in a leading International law firm. This role will advise and support the International TMCi Group Leader in developing and implementing the strategic plan. You will work to help identify a core group of target clients to exploit growth opportunities. This role will not have any direct reports.
The International Business Development Manager will co-ordinate activities leading to the development of new service offerings, and international thought leadership projects designed to promote the group, raise its profile and drive new business development activity. Other key responsibilities will involve:
- Developing appropriate systems and processes to support international BD activity (credentials, marketing literature, presentations and pitches).
- Help to co-ordinate regular internal communications and updates among the international practice/ industry group. Develop an understanding of how TMCi overlaps and integrates with each international practice and industry group.
- Undertake business analysis as required to support the business planning process, product development activities and specific BD initiatives.
- Maintain plans for the group's key clients and targets and ensure that fee-earners are accountable for their responsibilities in this area.
- Take personal responsibility as Key Account Manager for a small number of key clients (probably no more than 3).
- Develop the business development plan and marketing activity to support the business plan objectives, and also develop/ manage the BD budget for TMCi required to support the plan. In addition, develop and manage international marketing/ BD campaigns with support from local BD and marketing teams as appropriate. Ensure local BD activity supports the international plan.
- Communicate regularly with the international fee-earner group and respective local BD teams to ensure a high level of awareness of the group's strategy, current work and progress on clients and targets.
- Help raise the profile of the group internally and externally as identified in the business plan.
- Develop key external relationships with organisations and intermediaries, agencies and individuals that can assist in winning business
- Actively help to draw international expertise together, working with local BD teams.
- Co-ordinate or contribute to international pitch documents as appropriate.
You will be able to demonstrate an outstanding track record of BD including managing significant BD projects or initiatives, and have experience working within a professional services environment. You will have a good understanding of global technology ecosystems, preferably right across the TMC spectrum and experience of leadership within the BD community and ability to influence partners. You will have a proven ability to conduct business analysis and develop strategic and be able to work as part of a small, closely-knit team, and experience of managing and motivating individuals. You will have a real commercial instinct and excellent communication skills.
Follow us on Twitter for the widest range of roles across the entire professional services sector - twitter.com/leightontaylorC