Special Events Manager
The main purpose of this role is to deliver a portfolio of high value fundraising events for a high-net-worth audience and four cultivation events to engage and attract new donors.
This role will require a strong operational events specialist with extensive experience of organising multiple high profile events including gala dinners which can creatively showcase a charity's work. You will have a proven track record in fundraising and project and stakeholder management and excellent relationship building skills.
You will also be responsible for developing and delivering a special events strategy to guide and compliment a growing philanthropy and corporate partnerships portfolio. This role also includes management responsibility of a Special Events Co-ordinator.
This role will include the following duties:-
- To plan, prepare and deliver all aspects of a high value event (to raise in excess of £350k gross primarily through table sales, auctions and mass participation fundraising mechanisms
- To manage and Event Committee to inclusively drive event development, table sales and prize sourcing
- To plan, prepare and deliver a programme of cultivation events that provide an opportunity for the organisation to network and engage with existing and new supporters to an agreed budget
- To work closely across Fundraising, particularly Major Donors, Corporate Partnerships and Trusts to ensure cultivation events are developed to meet the needs of their audiences
- To work with external suppliers/ agencies/ venues to drive down costs and negotiate best rates/ availability and opportunities
- To source high value auction and raffle prizes
- To ensure all key staff and volunteered are well briefed before each event and when relevant - including briefing CEO/ Chair of Trustees
- To work with internal marketing and PR teams to design and produce all marketing material/collateral for all events and secure celebrity guests/speakers/hosts
- To ensure that appropriate and compliant risk assessment, accessibility and health and safety procedures are in place and implemented across all events
- To manage an agreed budget, reporting monthly on any variances
- To complete full event evaluations, and to make and implement improvements identified
- To support the wider organisation when required on events
- To manage the Special Events Coordinator, providing guidance and regular opportunities for development and progression.
The successful candidate will have the following skills:-
- Track record of designing, delivering and evaluating a programme of high value and cultivation events-for High Net worth individuals
- Experience of setting and hitting targets using KPIs
- Track record of working with committees, celebrities and high value supporters to support the planning and delivery of events
- Track record of working closely with internal teams to design and deliver events
- Experience of managing all event related supplier relationships and negotiating rates
- Experience of creating business cases for new event proposals
- Experience of building and tracking excellent project plans, including ability to manage multiple projects consecutively and to deadlines
- Proven track record of working with fundraising databases and ensuring all records are kept up to date
- Ability to articulate a strong commitment to our cause through events
- Experience of working within a networking environment and an understanding of the principles of major donor, corporate and trusts fundraising
If you are interested in this position please do contact myself ASAP with your up to date CV, salary expectations and notice period.