Our client, a multi-award winning internet company is looking for a talented and motivated Senior Front-End Developer to shape the future of their next-generation web applications. Annually, they facilitate $2.6 billion worth of trade from over 200 buying companies.
Joining the agile team of back-end and full-stack developers, you will work closely with designers and product owners. You will play a key role in defining the front-end development strategy, and be responsible for implementation and maintenance of user interfaces and the front-end application layer of all their Web applications.
They are investing in the renovation of the UI and UX layer of the main website, and other business applications. The program has already started to create a completely new mobile responsive website, using the best design patterns and practices, latest CSS and HTML5 features, with a robust JS framework (based on Backbone.js and Require.js).
At least 3 years of working experience as a front-end or full-stack developer, strong passion in new technologies, Web and mobile products. BSc or MSc in computer science is desirable.
- Design integration skills, with particular attention on responsive design and ergonomics
- Strong understanding of web standards, web development principles and techniques (SEO, http protocol, JSON, HTML5 API's, Ajax, Rest, …)
- Excellent CSS, with possibly Sass and Compass
- Basic PHP knowledge
- Comfortable using graphics software such as Photoshop or Sketch
Optional and desired
- Good PHP skills (Zend framework)
- Design and creative skills are highly desired
- Cross platform frameworks such as Cordova
- Knowledge of TypeScript
- Other programming languages such as Java, .Net or Python