Head Of Marketing, professional membership organisation, Manchester, c£45k
The Organisation: A high-profile and influential B2B sector membership (representative) organisation.
The Role: A 'Head of Marketing' remit to act as the organisations's figurehead, event deliverer and 'arch networker' across the northwest region - formulating local strategy, engaging with members, supervising the small local office and managing the region’s budget for promotional activity, events and marketing campaigns. The Key Objectives of the post are:
- To deliver the local strategy to increase membership acquisition and retention.
- To be the credible, progressive face of the organisation regionally, especially to the professional services sector.
- To develop and maintain a coherent and robust sponsorship strategy within the region.
- To promote productive relationships with key public-sector agencies including UKTI, the Government Office and key sector representative bodies.
- To engage and work with national colleagues to help develop and inform the organisation's national strategy.
- To ensure continuous improvements in the quality of local activities and communications.
The post-holder will be holder of the local budget and responsible – through his/her team – for the delivery of engaging and successful events, DM campaigns, member retention, affiliate programmes and sponsorship activities.
The Ideal Candidate will be an experienced, highly organised, innovative and commercially-driven marketer who can give the organisation profile and gravitas across the northwest. Essential requirements:
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of the NW business scene, evidenced by a strong network.
- Likely to be (but not necessarily) a graduate from a ‘redbrick’ university, possibly in Economics, Business or Management and/or the holder of an MBA.
- Be able to demonstrate prior business management, sales or commercial development successes.
- Have a keen interest in – and knowledge of – regional government and economic infrastructure.
- Possess the ability to manage a small, commercially driven team and deliver on agreed KPIs.
- Display a creative and proactive management style, with first class interpersonal/motivational skills.
- Must be highly professional, assured, composed and erudite, with strong presentation and client-facing skills – able to relate credibly to members across the spectrum from SME owner/operators to FTSE board directors and Partners in professional services firms etc.
- Prior experience of managing a business-sector representative body – or membership organisation – would be an advantage but is not essential.
This is a challenging and high-profile opportunity for an engaging and collaborative marketer who perhaps already has a presence on the Manchester, Merseyside, Cheshire, Lancashire or pan-northwest regional business scene. Candidates with a background in business growth or enterprise support (via public sector bodies, UKTI, Growth Accelerator, the Growth Hub etc) will also be of interest.
To Apply click below ASAP. Or for more information, feel free to call us on 0161 832 8007 for a confidential conversation. The closing date for applications is Monday 5-Dec.
Apply for Head Of Marketing, professional membership organisation, Manchester, c£45k
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly