Marketing & Business Development Manager - Legal
A global law firm needs a Marketing & Business Development Manager to manage the marketing, business development, and communication efforts for the firm's Corporate & Securities, Finance & Real Estate and Business Restructuring & Reorganisation groups in London as well as providing marketing and BD support to the firm's Middle East practice, including its Dubai office. The Marketing and Business Development Manager must be able to interact at all levels of the firm and be highly collaborative, working closely with UK, Dubai and global lawyers and marketing colleagues worldwide. The role holder will supervise a Senior Marketing Co-ordinator.
- Plan and implement all related marketing and business development activities for the London office's C&S, FRE and BRR groups and provide marketing and business development support to the Middle East practice.
- Independently deliver, and support the stakeholders and other partners to provide marketing/business development plans and initiatives, working closely together with global marketing/BD colleagues.
- Develop tailored proposals and pitches and tracking of pitch efforts, assist with pitch strategies and provide other key areas of support, including coaching.
- Conduct research and analysis to help identify new business opportunities with existing and prospective clients.
- Provide business intelligence on key competitors and marketplace trends in an effort to exploit market differentiation.
- Develop and maintain written material for use in the group's marketing and business development initiatives, including lawyer biographies, credentials, experience lists and marketing collateral.
- Support and assist in driving the adoption and integration of business development tools such as CRM
- Enhance the practice groups' profiles in key market segments by recommending thought leadership topics, tools, formats and ideas for programs and client communications that reach targeted audiences, and drive successful implementation and follow through.
- Identify and oversee conference, sponsorship, seminars and events and other profile-raising opportunities that generate the most value and support with successful implementation and follow through.
- Manage London and Dubai practices' marketing budgets and track return on investment.
- Prepare legal directory, league table and other award submissions and develop strategy for maximizing results.
- Evaluate new local publication and recognition opportunities to ensure they align with global practices' branding strategies.
The ideal candidate will be degree educated, with at least 8 years' of relevant experience in a professional services environment, to include substantive transactional practice knowledge, specifically, capital markets, global finance, mergers & acquisitions and private equity. It is also essential that the Marketing & BD Manager possesses a strong commercial sense, financial market acumen and is business savvy. Strong project management, leadership, influencing and communication skills are prerequisite.
Follow us on Twitter for the widest range of roles across the entire professional services sector - twitter.com/leightontaylorC
Apply for Marketing & Business Development Manager - Legal
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly