External Affairs Manager - In-House
Our client is the world’s leading and largest professional body with over 218,000 members and students operating in 173 countries, working at the heart of business. This is an exciting time to join this leading organisation and they now seek an external affairs manager.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced External Affairs Manager to join their highly respected External Affairs team. Based in central London and reporting to the Head of Public Policy, the successful applicant will help ensure that the external affairs programmes deliver the best possible outcomes for the organisation.
By managing a programme of external affairs activities, the role will be part of a team that delivers the ‘One Voice’ advocacy strategy so that they remain the most relevant institute in the management space and is known, valued and respected by key influencers across global markets
- Deliver successful programmes of activities with third party standard setters, regulatory bodies, and other institutes
- Develop and seek support across the organisation and partner organisations for plans and deliverables
- Stakeholder management and coordination
- Oversight of tactical campaigns
- Drive engagement – help identify target stakeholders and support advocacy
- Support Head of Public Policy to deliver directorate strategy
- Responsible for delivery and regular reporting on core departmental KPIs
- Helping to build and strengthen the External Affairs directorate
You Will Have:
- Excellent programme delivery/ project management experience
- Natural networker & relationship builder
- Excellent stakeholder relations management
- Commitment to upholding the highest ethical business practices
- Flexibility to travel and keen to work across cultures and geographies
- Ideally five years’ post graduate experience in a global business environment
- Experience of senior stakeholder engagement and management
- PRINCE 2 project management desirable
- Experience of global working and cultural awareness desirable
In return they will offer an outstanding career with lots of room for growth and development – base of £45-£55k + Fantastic benefits. Great team, supportive management, global organisation that is well respected globally. Please apply on line. This role closes shortly.