Senior Events Specialist, Contract
Senior Events Specialist
Purple Monkey Recruitment are working with a public-sector organisation who are looking for a Senior Events Specialist with experience in planning and running events of national importance to the UK. The contract will be an initial six to twelve month period with real possibility to extend.
As Senior Events Specialist you will:
- Be pivotal in the planning and running of four major events, all running parallel over a three month period.
- Take a lead in the scope and design of the UK participation in these events, in addition to planning what the legacy will look like.
- See the big picture of what can be commercially delivered for UK plc through the strategic planning and delivery of four major events close together.
- Have had experience of working on national events from the planning, through the delivery and £bn plus legacy for UK exports and investment.
- Plan and deliver a business programme together with a pavilion (Expo) or suitable site (Olympics).
- Understand what UK business wants from the events and translate this into active deliverables.
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills and experience:
- Have a proven track record of working on large scale events such as the business programme for the London Olympics and Para-Olympics and Expos such as Milan Expo 2015.
- Have demonstrable networks in the above communities and with the Bureau of International Expositions.
- Be able to demonstrate working with business and Ministers, both domestically and internationally
- Have experience at deploying national branding around major events.
- Appreciation of the bidding process for nations participating in world events – Olympics, para Olympics, Expos.
- Must be willing to travel, be flexible to changing requirements and have excellent communication skills.
This is a great opportunity for a Senior Events Specialist to join a team in its infancy who have control on four major international events and make an impact on export wins and inward investment secured through the business programmes. From similar events, this will be in the region of £2bn for exports and £1bn for investment!