Consumer Product Manager
Consumer Product Manager
£38,000 - £40,000 DOE Plus Performance Related Bonus, Pension, 25 Days' Annual Leave, Flexible Working, Childcare Vouchers, Bike to Work Scheme
Imagine a role where…
You will help innovate and execute new product initiatives across the organisation creating rich consumer experiences that will ultimately drive our profitable growth. This is a very exciting time to join the consumer team as we enter new markets and build outwards from our geospatial expertise to create increased customer engagement and retention.
Are you a passionate, talented and experienced product manager who loves the outdoors? If so, we want you!
We believe in making outdoor activity more enjoyable, accessible and safe and getting more people active every day.
Working as part of the consumer team, you will have responsibility for managing and driving value across the whole product lifecycle, for both physical and digital products, including our suite of mobile applications.
One core area of focus is on the iconic our client's leisure map range in both digital and physical formats, as well as bringing new products to market, be that in paper, digital or hardware / tech form.
To succeed, you will need to:
- Be 100% focused on the needs and desires of our customers…always
- Understand the creation and management processes of products and then implement those processes into the products we currently provide and will want to provide in the future
- Appreciate the current and potential future usage of the products and services available from OS to its customers
- Effectively project manage and deliver new consumer products to market, managing risks across a virtual team
- Work across the business to identify opportunities across all consumer markets (retail, wholesale and direct) for both new and existing products
- Manage and co-ordinate internal resources including Cartographic and Supply Management resources to ensure the delivery of quality products within given timescales
- Develop a strong understanding of our strategy and shape the impact of this on products and services
- Work closely with development and sales teams to maintain and improve products
- Be adept in recognising and exploiting new opportunities
- Have a great sense of fun and a passion for the outdoors and adventure
What we look for
You will need to demonstrate your track record against the following essential criteria and competencies:
- Managing products or services through lifecycle
- Developing and communicating compelling product propositions
- Passion, persistence, drive and stamina
- Excellent customer, stakeholder engagement and communication skills
- Knowledge of geographic data and potential usage (beneficial if specific to our client)
- Experience in delivery of related investment initiatives demonstrating experience in product ownership for business programmes
Who we are
OS produce digital map data, online route planning and sharing services and mobile apps, plus many other location-based products so you know exactly where you are. Through the success of our mapping data we’ve also attracted the attention of governments across the world who wants what we have in Great Britain; so we help other countries to build the same capabilities in quality data accumulation and management
Closing date: 05 December 2016
To apply for the role of Consumer Product Manager, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Consumer Product Manager, Product Manager, Product Development Manager, NPD Manager, New Product Development Manager, Digital Product Manager, Product Development.