Event Programme Manager
Purple Monkey Recruitment are working with a public-sector organisation who are looking for an Event Programme Manager with experience in planning and running events of national importance to the UK. The contract will be an initial six to twelve month period with real possibility to extend.
As Event Programme Manager you will:
- See the big picture of what can be commercially delivered for UK plc through the strategic planning and delivery of two major events close together.
- Have had experience of working on national events from the planning, through the delivery and £bn plus legacy for UK exports and investment.
- Plan and deliver a complex business programme
- Understand what UK business wants from the events and translate this into active deliverables.
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills and experience:
- Be either Prince 2 or Agile qualified.
- Have a proven track record of working on large scale events such as the business programme for the London Olympics and Para-Olympics and Expos such as Milan Expo 2015.
- Be able to demonstrate working with business and Ministers to deliver to deliver complex and large scale business programmes.
- Have experience at deploying national branding around major events.
- Must be willing to travel, be flexible to changing requirements and have excellent communication skills.
This is a great opportunity for an Event Programme Manager to join a team in its infancy who have control on two major national events and make an impact on export wins and inward investment secured through the business programmes. From similar events, this will be in the region of £2bn for exports and £1bn for investment!