Senior Marketing Designer
Senior Marketing Designer
Dorset commutable from Bournemouth, Poole, Wimborne, Blandford Forum
£Competitive salary depending on experience
We have an exciting opportunity for a creative and enthusiastic Senior Designer with outstanding conceptual skills, impeccable execution of artwork, the ability to see a project through from brief to completion and solid leadership skills amongst a team of designers.
You will be working alongside and guiding a team of passionate graphic designers in the marketing department; producing exciting, innovative and on-brand artwork for both print and digital formats. You will research and develop both their conceptual and design skills to continuously deliver on-trend artwork while inspiring fellow designers and increasing product awareness across both trade and consumer customers.
Responsibilities of the Marketing Senior Designer
- Research, experiment and design exciting and innovative artwork across all print and digital formats according to editorial content and product USP's; this involves magazine spreads, adverts, catalogues, booklets, flyers, product images, web banners, newsletters, presentations, POS displays, and trade shows
- Evaluate and critique artwork to ensure the brief has been fulfilled to a high industry standard, ready for presenting and sign off
- Devise, formulate and lead on selected redesign projects in a professional and creative manner, resulting in new and enticing designs
- Guide, develop and approve artwork from fellow designers in the Marketing department across both print and digital formats.
- Initiate and invest time in regular research sessions to continuously improve and develop all marketing material in line with the current trends
- Approve all artwork files across the team ensuring they are technically correct and ready for both print and web formats
- Organise and plan multiple projects to ensure the team hit every deadline
- Research, plan and art direct photography shoots across selected print and web projects
Skills required of the Marketing Senior Designer
- Extensive experience in layout design and an understanding of file formatting for print and web
- Outstanding knowledge in core Adobe CC packages, including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Fantastic leadership skills with the ability to guide and mentor fellow designers
- Able to confidently interpret briefs both independently and as part of a team with impeccable attention to detail
- Contribute and develop ideas during brainstorming and creative meetings
- Confident with re-designs and tackling special projects in an enthusiastic and professional manner
- Able to take direction, constructive feedback and support senior members of staff
- Confident and flexible when working to brand style guides
- Reliable with hitting deadline dates and coping with the pressure of multiple briefs
- An extensive and personal interest for design, trends and evolving technology
- A passion in creative and innovative design and concept thinking
- Ideally with an interest in craft and experience with photography styling
If you wish to contribute to the continued success of one of Europe's leading suppliers across independent specialists, national retailers, TV shopping channels and multiple overseas territories then apply now.
Please ensure your contact details, including email address, are on your CV. Also ensure if you have an impressive creative CV to also send a database friendly Microsoft Word version.
If you have not heard from us within five working days please assume that you have not been successful. We would like to keep your records on file and should a suitable position comes up we will contact you.
Solutions 4 Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.