Senior Product Manager, Mobile - FCA Regulated Products
As the Senior Product Manager for this big consumer telecoms player, you will be responsible for developing and launching, as well as managing in life, a series of FCA (Financial Conduct Authority) approved propositions within the consumer mobile market.
At the moment, the range of solutions are kept under wraps, but to give you examples of what they might be, you only have to look at competitors; for example:
- O2 Refresh - where the handset is sold under a credit arrangement separate to the tariff
- Vodafone PAYG - where the consumer can have a £2 overspend facility afforded on credit
- Handset Insurance sold alongside the core products - where the terms and conditions have to satisfy FCA approval
You will be responsible for considering both customer and market requirements, competitor offerings and where green-field space might be that the business is well positioned to occupy, and developing the product roadmap to suit.
Since the suite of products you're responsible for will all be around credit, finance, insurance based solutions which compliment or support the sales of handsets and mobile phone tariffs, you will need to fully compliant and conversant with FCA regulations in order to succeed.
Once live and in market, you will be the go-to person for any queries or issues surrounding FCA compliance, which will not only be about the products, but also things like treating customers fairly too.
It's important to note, this role offers an immense amount of potential. The end client is just getting to grips with developing new products in this space and some of them will really shape their future and ongoing mobile propositions too, since the market is rapidly evolving and the way handsets and tariffs are being sold changing too.
They're a big consumer brand where Consumer Mobile plays an important part of their product portfolio and growth prospects for the business' future.
You will be part of a team of 5 currently within the Consumer Mobile product development team, reporting to the department head. That team are responsible for developing both core products and services outside of handset and tariffs which both differentiate the business' offer versus competitors and provide both tactical and strategic advantage for the business too with the creation and delivery of products which take advantage of evolving technology and consumer's behaviours too.
Role: Senior Product Manager, Consumer Mobile - FCA Regulated Products
Salary: £55,000 - £70,000 - based on experience
Benefits: £5k car allowance, 10% on target bonus, pension, healthcare, life assurance and blue-chip benefits package
- It's imperative you're an experienced Product Manager who is fully conversant with developing and launching new products to market (as well as managing them in-life), which are FCA compliant
- If you have experience within Consumer Mobile or Consumer Telecoms, that would be a distinct advantage
- Alternatively, experience gained as a product manager in other consumer finance/credit/insurance product management space
- Your knowledge of FCA regulations around developing and launching credit/insurance based products and propositions is sound, as is your knowledge of the regulations surrounding 'treating customers fairly' and what that means to a business
- Good stakeholder management skills, working across functional teams, pulling together and managing projects, often working into very senior business leaders
- You're able to demonstrate commercial success, where the FCA regulated products you've developed, launched and managed have achieved/exceeded their business cases
- You're able to talk in metrics around, number of products launched, quality measures, budget management, scorecard successes including sales volumes, values, and customer satisfaction scores
- Must have the necessary visas to live and work in the UK - sponsorship cannot be provided.
For further information please contact:
Managing Consultant - Blue Pelican Marketing
01892 507 100
You can view all our vacancies on our web site www.bluepelican.com, or call 01892 507 100 and ask for the marketing division.