Senior Product Development Manager - Consumer Mobile
As a Senior Product Development Manager, working for one of the major challenger brands within the Consumer Mobile Telecoms market, you will be getting to grips with the development and launch of a series of large-scale strategic products to bring to market. These products are positioned as being 'game changers' and 'reasons to choose' this provider. So expect them to be high profile and backed by big campaigns to promote them to consumers too.
Your role will start in shaping these right from the insight and identification of opportunity phase, developing the business cases and then seeing them through right to delivery.
Because of the scale of some of these products and projects, you're going to be responsible for bringing together large cross functional teams, getting them behind the vision, and ensuring they stay on course throughout delivery to bring it to market on time, and to budget.
The products you will be responsible for developing are aimed at becoming disruption opportunities, looking to take advantage and capitalise on things like technology convergence, as well as changes in consumers' behaviour and how they use their mobile phone, as well as related devices.
- Definition and delivery of the product requirements - these will be large-scale, strategic initiatives which can be enhancements to existing products and services based on new technologies, or things which are completely new
- Owning everything from inception, leading the project teams and delivery from a cross functional perspective too - influencing key business leaders, getting them and their reports behind you to help land delivery
- Definition of the expected customer experience for each new product/service brought to market
- Working with the technical teams to ensure product requirements are successfully brought to life, are of the appropriate quality and delivered within budget too
- Aligning with the testing and trials teams, then moving through to the go-to-market teams to ensure the product is well understood by front line sales and service teams too so they're able to successfully communicate the USP's to the end consumer
- Working on the above for product evolutions too, ensuring all future products are well aligned to the future vision of the overall product/service, that they're of the appropriate quality and all legal, regulatory requirements are all met and delivering an excellent customer experience in the process.
Despite being a challenger brand within consumer mobile, overall they represent one of the UK's Superbrand firms and one of the best in their respective industry. This particular opportunity represents a much more green-field opportunity than most with the company being heavily invested in a growth and development phase, establishing themselves as well as what their offering is to be within the consumer mobile industry. So you can expect to be kept busy leading on innovative solutions designed to provide a competitive edge.
They operate with an agile competitor mindset. In recent years they've become known for disrupting the status-quo within the telecoms marketplace through a lot of innovation and heavy investment into new technologies.
They have a serious ambition to become recognised as truly customer centric, which in itself is driving a lot of positive change across the business.
Role: Senior Product Development Manager - Consumer Mobile
Salary: £55,000 to £65,000
Benefits: £5k car allowance, up to 20% bonus, pension, healthcare, life assurance and blue-chip benefits package
- Industry relevant experience within consumer mobile (must be consumer facing), developing and bringing to market new products and services, as well as managing products in-life
- You've been responsible for owning end to end the development and delivery of some quite influential and strategically important new products and services before - not just tactical, short term stuff
- Able to lead large virtual teams and big projects, you're a driving force and are able to demonstrate where and how you've taken ownership of deliverables, and seen them through a development process to a successful launch
- You understand the consumer mobile market, the market trends, drivers across proposition, products and technology
- Highly collaborative style of working, able to demonstrate where this approach has succeeded in bringing new propositions to market
- You've driven complex product development programmes and managed the associated budgets for these large-scale developments too
- Great understanding of the customer experience and how the product fits within this across sales and service channels, systems and mobile product models
- Must have the necessary visas to live and work in the UK - sponsorship cannot be provided.
For further information please contact:
Managing Consultant - Blue Pelican Marketing
01892 507 100
You can view all our vacancies on our web site www.bluepelican.com, or call 01892 507 100 and ask for the marketing division.
Apply for Senior Product Development Manager - Consumer Mobile
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly