Systems Administrator / SysAdmin / System Engineer / DevOps
Systems Administrator / SysAdmin / System Engineer / DevOps£38,000 - £48,000 per annum (dep on exp)Central London
I am looking for a skilled and proven Systems Administrator/Systems Engineer (DevOps) to join a growing and passionate engineering team working on the web platforms for a major digital business who are an instantly recognisable household name.
You will be responsible for ensuring the managed infrastructure is working at peak efficiency, and that they are getting the best from third party suppliers, including Acquia for Drupal hosting, AWS for S3 and EC2 instances and Fastly for CDN.
This challenging role will require an intelligent candidate who combines experience in systems administration and automation along with an eagerness to develop new skills. This role is working alongside a passionate engineering team using cutting edge tech.
- Provision new AWS infrastructure as required by developers to host new applications and services.
- Monitor that infrastructure to ensure its operational health and proactively suggest improvements and optimisations (particularly cost savings).
- Diagnose and fix urgent problems impacting our services and work with 3rd party suppliers to ensure quick resolution.
- Install and configure servers and server software on Linux (Ubuntu), particularly Apache, MySQL and PHP.
- Automate code deployment and testing using the Jenkins continuous integration server.
- Automate other routine tasks using Python or BASH as appropriate.
- Work with developers to ensure new features are hosted in the best possible way so that they're secure, scalable and highly available.
- Ensure servers and applications are kept up-to-date with security patches.
- Plan maintenance and updates in order to minimise downtime.
- Maintain Varnish configurations and update as required.
- Installation of new libraries/packages on servers as required by development team.
- Report on server and environment health.
- Maintain frequently updated UAT and development environments.
- Manage backups of sites and assets.
- Develop and maintain DR plan.
- Update htaccess and other configurations to cover latest security measures including monitoring for bot traffic and block as required.
Skills & Requirements
- Expert knowledge of VCL configuration
- In depth experience of Linux systems administration
- Experience with HTTPS/TLS
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable participating in engineering architectural discussions
- DNS management
- Reasonable understanding of Drupal or SOLR technologies
- Ability to write/maintain Behat Tests and configure Jenkins
This is an enviable opportunity to make a genuine career move in central London where you can be part of a focused and passionate tech team, at a major UK name that strives to make a difference.
If you are interested in the genuinely terrific opportunity, then then they are actively looking to interview interested and relevant candidates ASAP! Please call me for more details on 01732 458 000 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org