Public Affairs Officer
7 days left
- Job Role
- Communications Executive
Public Affairs Officer for 3 months £15-18 per hour to start ASAP in Tower Hamlets, East London.
Purpose of the role - Support the delivery of public affairs and stakeholder engagement strategies, consistent with the wider corporate affairs programme.Support colleagues in arranging and undertaking engagement activities, providing briefing materials, providing response service for Parliamentary and senior stakeholder correspondence and Parliamentary Questions.
- Support the Briefings and Correspondence Manager in providing briefing assistance to the wider public affairs team in order to support the delivery of public affairs and stakeholder engagement activities.
- Support the Head of External and Parliamentary Relations with the delivery of public affairs and stakeholder engagement.
- Prepare briefing materials and written correspondence from Members of Parliament, Peers and senior stakeholders to the leadership team, whilst working and coordinating with colleagues in other teams and functions.
- Deliver the provision of responses to Parliamentary Questions.
- Build and maintain relationships and flows of information across the organisation to support the delivery of public affairs activities and the wider corporate affairs programme.
- Support the wider Public Affairs Team in the delivery of individual campaign and project plans, in order to contribute to the delivery of the public affairs and stakeholder engagement strategies.
- Support the delivery of the senior contact programme and the speaker requests process, creating and maintaining records in order to help provide a systematic engagement plan for the leadership team.
- Accompany public affairs colleagues at meetings and events, where required, supporting and recording engagement whilst serving as an external advocate
- Assist with public affairs stakeholder mapping activities in order to allow tracking and monitoring of stakeholder sentiment.
- Arrange and manage meetings, events and other engagement activities.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills:-
- Experience in a briefings and correspondence delivery role.
- Experience of managing correspondence in a discrete and sensitive environment.
- Good understanding of providing information that is intended to influence and mobilise in an engaging way.
- Good analytical, planning and organising skills and ability.
- Good communication, influencing and negotiation skills, with the ability to adapt to different audiences.
- Understanding of the most effective methods of engaging with politicians at a national and local level, and building political support through engagement with wider audiences.
- Some knowledge and understanding of UK Parliament processes, and experience influencing Members of Parliament.
- Flexible and adaptable.
If you are interested in this role please do apply with a up to date CV, hourly rate expectations and notice period.
Apply for Public Affairs Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly