Marketing Communications Coordinator (Interim contract)
The Advanced Propulsion Centre is part Government, part industry funded organisation whose aim is to develop and grow industry engagement and activity in the area of low carbon automotive technology.
The team members are deeply committed to the mission of supporting the growth of UK industry in the pursuit of low carbon propulsion and developing the potential of a variety of technology solutions.
You will need to share that commitment.
You will have to be happy working in an industry collaborative environment where “to be seen to be delivering value and making heroes of others” is a key mantra for every person in the team.
In conjunction with the Marketing and Communications Team, you will plan and deliver the communications activity for the Advanced Propulsion Centre (APC) ensuring alignment to the business plan and corporate identity guidelines helping to provide general communications administration support to the wider APC team.
General duties include: events planning and delivery, management of the National Propulsion Showcase and London Showcase assets and events, liaison with external organisations and communication agencies, support with media liaison and press, website content management, production of publications and marketing materials and support for conferences / events.
Develop and maintain the corporate identity - acting as brand custodian, providing assistance to the rest of the APC team.
- Design, drive and manage the APC national and international events programme including the production of publications, marketing materials and stand design and build.
- Ensure that all events become a part of integrated communication activity - Events to be used as a channel to support the delivery of business objectives.
- Manage APC online events calendar - keeping up to date, regular review with team, KPI reporting, budget, website updates, providing process for managing new events and internal communication.
- Drive the development of the National Propulsion Showcase to maximise the showcase space potential as an APC asset and industry event space. Increasing usage, improving exhibits and driving outside traffic.
- Deliver a targeted activity programme to increase the engagement and utilisation of the National Propulsion Showcase – liaising with outside organisations to encourage use of the spaces.
- Mange all showcase based events from booking through to close of the event.
- Support the brand integrity throughout all events, actions and activities - ensuring consistency, positioning and reputation are foremost in the delivery of all projects. Supporting the brand refresh.
- Help to develop department records and key stakeholder contact databases for communications and marketing programmes.
- Work with Senior Management Team to develop and deliver communication programmes that support the over APC business aims. In particular the delivery of the APC Spoke external events programme.
- Communication, marketing, events or public relations degree
- Alternatively working towards a degree in politics or business studies
- Excellent standard of written communication
- Excellent at verbal reasoning and confident verbal communicator
- Able to take complex messages and help to translate them into plain English
- Flexible team player
- Able to work on own initiative
- Highly organised with keen eye for detail
- Enthusiastic and practical with get things done attitude
Apply for Marketing Communications Coordinator (Interim contract)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly