Technical Author - Maternity Cover
Technical Author - Maternity Cover 12 months
£30,000 + benefits
Our client is a home safety product manufacturer and is a market leader in Fire and Carbon Monoxide safety. The role is based in Coventry, West Midlands supplying top retailers and trade bodies internationally. A great opportunity has arisen to work for one of Britain's 100 top performing private companies, and to gain valuable experience servicing top retailers and trade bodies internationally.
The company is seeking a reliable individual with good writing and proofreading skills to assist our their in-house creative department with technical authorship of collaterals #user manuals, product labelling, packaging# for new and existing products.
Reporting directly to the Creative Director, this is a 12 month fixed-term contract to provide maternity cover for the substantive postholder. The post is available from February 2017.
In this Technical Author role you will be required to work across a variety of product-related content, including:
- Product Marking / Labelling
- Highly motivated, flexible, professional and dynamic, with excellent team working skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite is essential – particularly InDesign.
- Management of external suppliers #from freelancers to translation agencies#.
- Experienced in Technical Authorship preferable, in similar safety type consumer products requiring compliance with national and international standards, with excellent proofreading abilities required in this area.
- Preferably qualified to degree level in a relevant discipline.
37.5 hour week - 9am – 5.30pm
25 days annual holiday
Statutory sick pay