Data & Insight Manager
- Job Role
- Insight Manager
Transport is a rapidly changing industry. The way people consume travel and their requirements while on the move are increasingly diverse. To maintain our position as one of the leading transport providers, Stagecoach Group is undergoing wide-ranging digital transformation.
As part of this transformation, the position of Group Data & Insight Manager has been created to help evolve our Group into a data driven-decision making business. Passionate about all things data, you will be responsible for the gathering and manipulation of data from multiple sources in order to tell a story and create actionable insights for technical and non-technical audiences.
Working with our businesses, you will understand the size and shape of our current digital presence and will provide insights that will support their growth. Furthermore, you will quantify the potential of future opportunities to protect, grow and develop new markets for Stagecoach Group.
In addition, you will ensure that products are built with the required metrics in place and act as the interface between our divisions and technical teams to make sure they are implemented correctly.
What you’ll be doing
- Identify and access correct data sources in order to build and maintain standardised dashboards.
- Ensure the most appropriate analytics tools for current and future needs are in place.
- Design data models that provide the ability to improve business performance and overall customer experience.
- Ensure customer segments are correctly tagged in order to drive data-driven decisions.
- Identify and understand customer pain points through the use of data.
- Implement and manage single A/B and MVT platforms for use across the Group.
- Ensure the accuracy of reporting to senior stakeholders and the team at large.
- Work with Customer Experience teams to build stories through the use of qualitative and quantitative data to analyse customer behaviour and understand customer needs.
- Work to standardise KPIs across the Group.
- Support our businesses to define success criteria, business goals and KPI reporting.
- Work with divisions to optimise their digital channels.
- Develop a community of analytics experts across the divisions and businesses to develop a culture of data insight and best practice sharing.
- You will remain up-to-date on the regulatory and competition rules relating to data.
- Work with our divisions, technical teams and external suppliers to ensure data requirements are being met across new and existing products.
Who are we looking for?
The successful person will bring with them both the analytical skills required to turn the raw material of data into powerful insights along with the ability to tell a story through the use of data through the use of innovative visualisations, info graphics and other publishable content. Specifically, we are seeking a person who has:
- A degree (or equivalent) in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Operations Research or other quantitative field.
- Extensive experience of working with data related languages such as SQL.
- Considerable experience using BI solutions such as Tableau and Qlik View.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- A background of statistical and data modelling methodologies.
- In-depth experience of analysing online customer behaviour.
- Exceptional analytical skills (such as regression analysis, factor analysis), and proven ability to translate analytics output to actionable insight.
- A broad and advanced technical understanding of web and app analytics tools.
- Strong working knowledge of and experience with various social media marketing technologies, such as social monitoring and publishing / CMS platforms, and practices.
To succeed in this role you will be a self-driven individual who pro-actively looks for, and fully exploits, opportunities to utilise data in the decision making process. Naturally curious, you will be comfortable working in an environment where change is the norm and ambiguity is seen as an opportunity. Furthermore, we are seeking:
- Strong critical thinking skills and an exacting attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, with the specific ability to explain technical concepts and analysis implications clearly to a wide audience.
- Passionate about understanding customers and their behaviour via data.
- Line management experience desirable.
In return for your skills and experience, we’re offering a competitive salary and benefits package. As important, if not more so, is the opportunity to work in a role that will have significant influence in shaping the future of our organisation while working in an industry sector at the beginning of an exciting period of transformation.
To apply, please send your CV, salary expectations and an explanation of why you believe you’re suited to the role to us below.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 4th December 2016 with interviews scheduled for Wednesday 14th December.
Apply for Data & Insight Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly