Head of Marketing and PR - Theatrical Distrtibution
This role requires an experienced marketer who has a full understanding of, as well as practical experience working within, Film Distribution. Pretty much thrown in the deep end you will be required to develop a full film release strategy including the marketing, PR and sales plans for the UK and Eire. It will be your role to manage titles from development, production, acquisitions and lifecycle for their releases as well as creating and managing P&A budgets, including appropriate marketing, technical and publicity splits and media spend
Other duties will include:
- Seek out promotional & product placement opps. Working with and assign relevant agency to garner support for production
- Create theatrical campaign document including box office expectations/ targets, defined target audience, media plan, promotional activities, creative and exhibitor marketing and provide updates to all key stakeholders
- Provide marketing perspective on acquisitions and productions
- Originate and produce all key creative materials for the theatrical campaign
- Working closely with the head of sales to find the best release date for theatrical releases
- Work closely with media agency to understand market movement, new products and way of advertising movies and getting best value for spend
- Present campaign to key stakeholders at the start of campaign.
- Working with accounts on Greenlight packs for investors, inputting a thorough release strategy including top line P&A breakdown.
- Create original creative material which best promote the movie to the target audience for both AV material as well as print material.
- Work closely with sales companies in positioning films for the markets and liaise regarding distribution of materials and talent opportunities
- Create and submit all funding (BFI) opportunities for theatrical releases
- Liaise with exhibition to drive in cinema marketing opportunities for our titles
- Seek out opportunities for licensing their products to third party such as merchandising and digital downloads
Sound like the challenge you're up for ? then get in touch with Faye at Sauce Recruitment today .