Account Director, Business Technology
Account Director, Business Technology
Our client is an independent, growing B2B tech PR agency. The agency focuses on four main areas of technology and each team is run by an Associate Director, often with an Account Director/Senior Account Director as a deputy team leader.
And this is a great place to work. The senior management team are inspiring to work for and despite their professionalism and hard work, they have a good time along the way. There are various social events throughout the year and a benefits package that includes great soft benefits.
Our client's Business Technology team is looking for an experienced Account Director, with in-depth experience working in business technology / enterprise technology, to oversee the management of the current – and rapidly growing – roster of clients. The role is initially focused primarily on account leadership, though offers the potential to develop into an official deputy role.
This person would report directly into the Associate Director
Main job functions and areas of responsibility
- Formulates PR plans in conjunction with Associate Director, develops client SLAs and owns the delivery of activity
- Calls and coordinates team meetings – manages client expectations and ensures tasks are allocated appropriately to team members
- Takes ownership for the delivery and successful implementation of key account processes
- Defines and manages financial controls across accounts including invoicing, client time reconciliations and time allocations
- Takes the lead in ensuring account profitability i.e. monitoring servicing levels on an ongoing basis
- Develops and maintains long-term client relationships
- Independently identifies new opportunities for client campaigns
- Takes the lead on growing existing accounts, selling in additional services outside of core SLA
- Uses network effectively to proactively identify new business prospects and drive RFP opportunities
- Works with Associate Director to produce client proposals to deadline and specification
- Can set social media and SEO strategies and effectively manage their implementation
The Account Director will specialise in business technology and work across a number of business technology accounts, reporting to the Associate Director. In the medium term the Account Director will be considered for promotion to deputy team leader.
Relevant experience and skills
- The successful candidate will ideally be a graduate and have PR agency experience
- The candidate will have an in-depth understanding of the business technology landscape and have a track record of success working in the sector
- A strong and detailed understanding of the principles of PESO and their effective, balanced execution in a B2B PR and marketing campaign
- The individual will have a broad range of influencer contacts he/she can use to drive client opportunities
- Can demonstrate exemplary writing and copy editing skills – is able to produce final, client-ready drafts of complex messaging documents, communications strategies and plans, as well as core campaign content
- Can advise on SEO, social media and digital marketing strategy and tactics with client marketing teams – and lead agency team implementation
- The individual will be a successful negotiator and be capable of maintaining regular client contact on a formal and informal basis to further underpin the relationship
- Is an effective team manager and can promote a team ethic to deliver against company objectives and/or initiatives
- Can provide examples of new and organic business development and success
- Can consistently incorporate creative ideas into PR plans
- The successful candidate will have a firm understanding of agency financial systems and the impact they have on revenues and agency profitability
- Can build and develop a personal network that can be leveraged to gain client and business development opportunities