An award winning retail brand are looking for an experienced and talented Front End Web Developer to join their expanding ecommerce team in Central London. You will work alongside web designers to develop projects across multiple platforms to the highest standard, supported by the Web design and Development Manager.
As a Front End Developer you will be involved in the day-to-day workload of the development team, be an innovative thinker, taking wireframes and designs to the next level by fully integrating them into the website, as well as enhancing the overall site UX.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a fast paced role to tight deadlines, with confident development and management skills. But also enjoys working in a social and creative environment.
KEY CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent Front-End Web Development skills
- Proficient in HTML5, and XML with the ability to use semantic mark-up patterns for flexible reuse
- CSS / SCSS; Excellent understanding of modern web techniques such as Responsive Design and an appreciation for older browsers
- Experienced in Version control systems such as Subversion, Git and IDEs such as Eclipse
- Knowledge of PHP and has the ability to write quality Object Oriented code
- Communicates and enforces coding standards
- Ability to turn design and user interface mock-ups into functional websites
- Site wide bug detection and solution implementation
- Working with third party integrations and REST API's
- Strong communication skills
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an exciting and forward thinking team and progress your career with one of the UK's best known brands.