Head of Product
Head of Product
In this challenging role you weill be responsible for running the Product team (currently x4 Product managers) with extensvie product managment experience and team leadership experince.
- Create and own the Product Plan to ensure agreed growth, reach, revenue and profit goals are met.
- Continually review the commercial viability of the existing product set to ensure it maximises growth opportunities in the marketplace
- Monitor and report monthly on performance of all products, managing reporting and analyses of income and expenditure for all areas and identifying risks and mitigation strategies as necessary
- Create and evaluate business cases for development activity for new or existing products. Assess them for commercial viability and decide which developments to recommend for forward action.
- Progress into project planning, working collaboratively with Marketing and Sales to ensure sales channels can be established and optimally utilised.
- Manage suppliers and contracts in developing relationships with existing suppliers, negotiating and maintaining contracts to achieve suitable margins and profitability, liaising with the supply manager as appropriate.
- Be the focal point of knowledge for the IT Professionals market, competitor & customer base. Own action plans to drive the growth of existing products, respond to competitor activity and develop new business proposals, amending
- Experience of the UK IT marketplace - past experience of selling or marketing to IT professionals, their employers and IT training providers.
- Demonstrable experience in Marketing, Sales or Services across the full marketing mix including business-to-business, product marketing and managing customer and supplier relationships.
- Proven track record of financial growth and retention through product/service management
- Proven experience of leading and managing teams to deliver on time and to budget
- Developing and assessing the viability of business cases, budgets and plans