Senior Product Marketing Manager - B2B Networking Technologies
Here's your chance to become part of a completely new division established within a major telecoms and technology organisation. This division is focused on developing products and services to meet the needs of mid-market business customers (companies of 500 to 5,000 employees) - with a specific focus aligned to IT Area Networks (IP, VPN, Routers, WAN, WiFi, WiMax, etc).
The role they're looking to appoint is as a Senior Product Marketing Manager, to become part of a growing business division with the mandate to disrupt the status-quo with the mid-tier market through the development and launch of a suite of new targeted and scalable solutions which meet the needs of various company types and industry verticals.
Because of the nature of the business you will be joining, this will be a relatively green-field opportunity, but backed by a huge business engine with substantial financial might and an incredibly high profile brand name, along with a plethora of technology which underpins their solutions - lifting from their already solid market positioning within both the SME and large corporate business space.
Your remit will be to initially understand the needs and interests of the various mid-tier markets and business sectors, looking at both industry specific needs and trends, taking that insight and developing a range of scalable and repeatable solutions which marry opportunity with need and at an appropriate margin, but with a competitive price point.
You will own everything from the business case through to the delivery, pulling together virtual teams from across the business to achieve the end goal.
On top of this will be go-to-market activity, with you setting pricing strategies and margin management, key messaging and ensuring that's translated clearly with the direct sales force, as well a clear definition of what the process and customer experience is, and it's excellent in execution too.
This is a business with ambition, looking to enter the mid-tier business market at pace with a portfolio of innovative propositions which meet and exceed customer expectations, and thereby also deliver business results.
This opportunity will really suit a self-starter with ambition, drive and determination. There's real opportunity available here and a chance to be part of something new with huge potential to achieve big results.
Role: Senior Product Marketing Manager - IT Networks (VPN, IP, Routers, WAN, WiFi, WiMax, etc.)
Location: Can be based anywhere in the UK, so long as you're able to get into London at least 1 day a week
Salary: £50,000 to £65,000
Benefits: ~£5k car allowance, 10% on target bonus, pension, healthcare, life assurance and blue-chip benefits package
- Experience within the B2B telecoms and technology market place, working with relevant technologies as detailed above - developing propositions and bringing them to market
- You have a keen understanding of things like WiMax, WiFi, IP, VPN networks, routers, etc. and how to pull together these various solutions into a commercially compelling proposition
- You have a keen eye for market and customer insight, how to utilise it to commercial advantage in the development of new propositions
- A great commercial mindset - thinking in terms of customer need, pricing strategies, value and return.
- Corporate/customer direct sales force environment - not one that's sold through contact centre operations
- Comfortable presenting to prospective clients and acting as the subject matter expert (it's infrequent this will be needed, but it does happen)
- Evidence of leading virtual teams in the delivery of new propositions/products to market
- Got to have a reasonable technical knowledge and understanding of the technologies in this space
- Must have the necessary visas to live and work in the UK - sponsorship cannot be provided.
For further information please contact:
Managing Consultant - Blue Pelican Marketing
01892 507 100
You can view all our vacancies on our web site www.bluepelican.com, or call 01892 507 100 and ask for the marketing division.