We’ve got an exciting opportunity for an Account Manager to join our team!
This role has the opportunity for personal progression and the chance to take a leading role in driving further growth.
RLA are a hugely successful full service creative agency, with offices in Bournemouth, Belfast and London. From the moment we opened our doors 30 years ago, we’ve been helping an enviable roster of clients achieve their goals; ranging from start-ups to some of the world’s most famous brands! Furthermore, we are part of the Mission group, the fifth largest communications group in the UK.
We look for people who share and can demonstrate our core values; Agile, Astute, Can-Do, Inspiring, Trusted, Together. In return, we can offer you a great place to work in an environment that encourages continuous self-improvement and development. What’s more, you’ll have the best of both worlds as you’ll be based in a beautiful, relaxed countryside location, but be a mere 20-minute drive to the beach!
The key purpose of this role is to be responsible for the day to day management of Client accounts.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Building and maintaining strong Client relationships and being the first point of contact for the Client on day to day matters.
- Thinking proactively and building relationships beyond the core Client contacts for future opportunities.
- Presenting (verbally and in writing) the Agency's proposals and recommendations effectively, logically and concisely. This includes status and contact reports, market sector information.
- Negotiating costs to get the best possible rates.
- Day to day budget management, monitoring all job costs, and obtaining approval before spend is committed.
- Accountability for ensuring that creative work presented to the clients is to quality, time and cost.
- Responsibility for ensuring project deadlines are met within the agreed budget.
- Writing effective creative, digital and studio briefs.
- Ensuring all paperwork, physical or online, (budgets, timing plans, briefs, job bags, creative statuses etc.) is maintained accurately and kept up to date.
- Deputising for the SAM / Account Director when necessary - both internally and with Clients.
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of all aspects of marketing - including new media, techniques and research tools.
This role would suit candidates operating at Senior Account Executive or Junior Account Manager level, looking for their next step up. Or you might be an established Account Manager level wanting a new challenge. Either way, you will be hungry to succeed, enthusiastic & tenacious! You will be self-motivated, with a generally 'upbeat’ approach to life; experienced in working to tight deadlines with a first class ability to prioritise and manage your own workload.
- A proven track record in a fully integrated agency is essential as is a clear understanding of advertising, marketing and agency processes.
- Strong client facing background with exceptional interpersonal skills.
- You take a hands on operational approach to management and client relationships.
- Strong leader and influencer.
- Happy to have a flexible approach to your roles and responsibilities as well as the ability to flex working hours to suit the needs of clients.
- Previous digital experience is preferred.
- Experience with automotive/trade parts client is highly desirable.
- Able to travel throughout the UK as and when required.
- 28 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays.) After 5 years’ continuous service, an additional 3 days’ holiday to use during that anniversary year
- Your birthday as a day off
- Continuous Professional Development
- Childcare Vouchers
- Eye Care Scheme
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Reward & Recognition Scheme
- Fridge Friday!