Senior Graphic Designer (Greetings & Giftware)
Our client is an award winning market leader of greetings cards, stationery and giftware. They work with some of the best retail brands on the high street, to produce high quality, innovative designs for both the UK market and abroad.
They are looking to recruit a Senior Designer / Illustrator to join their design team. To be considered for the role you must have at least 5 years commercial experience under your belt some of which must be within the greetings/giftware industry.
You will have a highly creative portfolio containing eye-catching layout design as well as fantastic illustrations. You may be an existing Senior looking to work with a top greetings business or a Middleweight that is ready to take a step in your career.
This is a senior leadership role and you will be working within a small design team, along side the Creative Director. This is a very collaborative team where your ideas and suggestions are valued, therefore great commercial awareness and an understanding of trends in the greetings and giftware publishing market are a must.
Skills and requirements:
- A university degree in design
- In-depth understanding of Adobe creative software
- A minimum of 5 years industry specific greetings card design experience is essential
- Natural leadership ability to enthuse and inspire a team
- Ability to work to deadlines, guidelines and organise workloads effectively
- Excellent client facing, and internal communication skills
- A interest and understanding of current market trends
- Graphic design, illustration and presentation skills
- A highly creative portfolio demonstrating superb layout, typography and illustration
- Excellent use of colour / surface pattern design
In return you will be part of a friendly and talented team who produce award-winning and innovative design. You will be given the opportunity to showcase your work in some of the leading high street retailers and independent stores both nationally and globally.
Salary: negotiable, depending on experience + pension, healthcare and staff discounts.
Your details are treated with the strictest confidentiality.