PR Account Director
PR Account Director
circa £40K - £45K + car allowance
Berkshire commutable from Reading, Basingstoke, Hook, Newbury
Great opportunity to join a leading PR Agency as a PR Account Director. You will head up a number of accounts across the agency, working with the Account Managers to develop a PR programme based on client expectations. You will also be involved in securing new business opportunities and working with a team to deliver successful pitches and PR proposals.
Responsibilities of the Account Director:
- Plan, develop and oversee the execution of PR strategies to support the objectives of the client's business, within agreed timescales and budgets to ensure the account remains stable and profitable.
- Hold regular client review meetings to review the PR strategy and ensure it complements business and marketing objectives and plans.
- Identify opportunities to increase fee income and sell additional services to clients, through additional ongoing activity or project work.
- Ensure rigorous quality control is maintained in all work produced by the team, and guidelines are adhered to.
- Provide messaging and marketing support for clients as appropriate.
- Speak regularly with clients to ensure they are happy and to discuss any potential issues or a need to reset expectations etc.
- Actively develop own new business opportunities through industry contacts, networking, attending events, exhibitions, social networking etc.
- Be active on the company blog and Twitter and understand the tools and benefits associated with digital PR and encourage the sharing of new ideas, tools and approaches.
- Attend credentials meetings to qualify leads produced by the telemarketing team or other lead generation activities and lead pitch teams.
- Line management responsibilities for mentoring other individuals within both the team and the organisation as a whole.
- Be involved in setting and enforcing company policies and procedures and training programmes.
- Take a lead role in helping to cultivate team spirit and culture in the office.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in the team; work with individuals setting goals to improve specific skills.
- Be prepared to provide hands-on support to colleagues when required.
Key Skills of the Account Director:
- Strong leadership skills to inspire and motivate individuals to exceed client expectations.
- Good listener and approachable
- Creativity, energy and enthusiasm
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Display autonomy and accountability; be able to make a decision.
- Strong relationships with all target media, including national and online press
- Self-motivation and a persuasive manner
- Proven spoken and written communication skills across a variety of areas
- Enhanced 'people skills', able to adapt to a range of audiences both internally and externally
- Thorough understanding of clients business and their market.
- Consistent professional manner
- Proven presentation and negotiation skills
If you want to join a leading PR Agency with many opportunities for career progression, then apply now!
Please ensure your contact details, including email address, are on your CV. Also ensure if you have an impressive creative CV to also send a database friendly Microsoft Word version.
If you have not heard from us within five working days please assume that you have not been successful. We would like to keep your records on file and should a suitable position comes up we will contact you.
Solutions 4 Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.