PR Account Manager
PR Account Manager
circa £28K - £33K + car allowance
Berkshire commutable from Reading, Basingstoke, Hook, Newbury
Great opportunity to join a leading PR Agency as a PR Account Manager. You will be responsible for the day-to-day running of a number of different accounts, ensuring the team is motivated and delivers on client expectations. As Account Manager you will play a key role in decision making, strategy and planning. You should have some experience of the healthcare sector.
Responsibilities of the Account Manager:
- Ownership and daily management of a number of accounts
- Planning, monitoring and evaluating activities relative to client marketing objectives, business goals and expectations
- Allocating and managing the successful delivery of tasks within the team
- Arranging and leading team and client update meetings
- Main contact point for clients and key decision-maker within the team
- Motivating individuals and the team to meet and exceed client expectations
- Identifying opportunities to increase monthly retainer and secure additional projects
- Relationship building and networking with colleagues, clients and the media
- Lead by example in developing and maintaining journalist relationships.
- Liaising on a daily basis with team, clients and the media, via telephone and email
- Keeping clients happy and recognising/alerting the Account Director to any potential issues with an account
- Mentor and source of support to more junior team members
- Lead the way with a proactive approach to both on- (including company blog and Twitter) and offline social networking.
- Identify credible and appropriate new business leads
- Highlight the team's achievements to others within the organisation and client when appropriate.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in the team; work with individuals setting goals to improve specific skills.
- Line management responsibilities
- Take an active role in the recruitment of the team; undertake telephone interviews and face-to-face interviews
Skills Required of the Account Manager:
- Confident leader
- Good listener and approachable
- Creativity, energy and enthusiasm
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Display autonomy and accountability; be able to make a decision.
- Strong relationships with all target media, including national and online press
- Understanding of the 'bigger picture' both client based and corporately
- Self - motivation and a persuasive manner
- Proven spoken and written communication skills across a variety of areas
- Enhanced 'people skills', able to adapt to a range of audiences both internally and externally
- Thorough understanding of clients business and their market
- Consistent professional manner
- Proven presentation and negotiation skills
If you wish to join a leading PR Agency with many opportunities for career progression, then apply now.
Please ensure your contact details, including email address, are on your CV. Also ensure if you have an impressive creative CV to also send a database friendly Microsoft Word version.
If you have not heard from us within five working days please assume that you have not been successful. We would like to keep your records on file and should a suitable position comes up we will contact you.
Solutions 4 Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.