Head of Data Innovation - Digital / Web Analytics
As the Head of Data Innovation, you will be part of the senior leadership team for a massive consumer brand business, with the remit of leveraging digital as well as offline data sources, looking for value and opportunity not just aligned to profit, but customer experience too.
You will control the strategic agenda, transforming this into a roadmap of activity for your senior managers to deploy - running pilot tests and trials which will employ new sources of data coming into the business in inventive ways which could see a realised benefit.
Digital is playing an ever more important part for this business, with a new CMS and DMP going in which will deliver improved personalisation opportunities, as well as new data capture sources. On top of this they're developing and launching more and more digital propositions where the audience will be engaging over various devices and platforms. So it's critically important for this role you have a sound understanding of working with digital data.
You will be the driver of the programme, not just within your team but across the business. So when a pilot is looking to be scaled up, you will be engaging the senior executive team behind the ideas and strategies, as well as expected results; establishing their engagement and being the business champion for driving the data innovation programme.
Your team will be made up of 4 senior managers, each responsible for leading project teams pulled in from the broader data and insights divisions who will be piloting these new advances in data capabilities to prove their value in application versus the status quo.
Here's a few examples of projects currently under way:
- Price elasticity strategy - looking at new sources of data to establish the sweet spot between volume and value pricing
- Decision science, looking at new data sources which result in better educating what's the best thing to do at a relevant point in time for a customer - applying matching learning and data science techniques to improve the sophistication of the programme
- Omni-channel personalisation for customers - ensuring consistency and a joined up experience for consumers, and those experiences get richer over time as the business learns more about them and their behaviours - be that via contact centre, in app, over website, or in person and in-store, etc.
So if you're interested in a role which offers a bit of variety and the ability to drive meaningful change through innovative thinking and all things data, why not apply today to find out more
Role: Head of Data Innovation
Salary: £80,000 to £85,000
Benefits: £5k car allowance, 15% on target bonus, pension, healthcare, life assurance and blue-chip benefits package
- Digital data experience - either in web analytics or broader digital analytics environment
- Deliverer of change in the data capability space - i.e. you've been responsible for bringing about change through innovative thinking leveraging data assets for a business
- The ideal candidate will likely have a mix of consultancy and end client experience, where you've been looking at ways and means of pushing what's understood about and customer, the statistical and analytics techniques applied and coming up with new ideas around how to leverage data for strategic and commercial advantage for a business
- Great understanding of data and its use in delivering omni-channel personalisation
- You've had some exposure to data science too - and know about machine learning and best practice modelling and algorithms based on statistical theory
- You're a vision setter and driver of projects within the data analytics field - you know how to run test and learn programmes, then taking small proof of concept pilots and scaling them up into full roll-outs
- Leadership experience of senior analysts and above is a pre-requisite
- Must have the necessary visas to live and work in the UK - sponsorship cannot be provided.
For further information please contact:
Managing Consultant - Blue Pelican Marketing
01892 507 100
You can view all our vacancies on our web site www.bluepelican.com, or call 01892 507 100 and ask for the marketing division.