Digital Marketing Officer
Digital Marketing Officer East London for 12 months to start ASAP £15-£18 per hour
This is a 12 month temporary contract paying £15-18 per hour. This role is a 35 hour working week and is working in the Commercial Promotions Executive and the other members of our Sales team, and will be supporting the Estates and Facilities Directorate with a stronger focus towards our commercial services such as Catering and Hospitality and Events.
The successful candidate will have knowledge of web management tools and Photoshop within a marketing and/or communications background
- To implement all web development projects for the Directorate, maintaining and enhancing Directorate online presence and effectively supporting Directorate stakeholders by ensuring its websites are accurate, appropriate, attractive and customer-led.
- To advise Directorate managers and staff on all aspects of web development and website management, and to ensure effective delivery of all Directorate web projects.
- To review and develop Directorate web guidelines and related policies to maintain a strong customer focus in all online activities of the Directorate, by educating and influencing its staff about the importance and impact of online activities, and the difference between online and offline communications.
- Implementing all web development initiatives in the Directorate as directed by Head of Events. This will include website development and usage of social media, agreeing project specifications with relevant internal clients and external stakeholders, advising project participants, selecting external suppliers and ensuring strategic fit with Directorate purpose and goals.
- Evaluating Directorate web development needs, identifying gaps and creating proposals for new initiatives to enhance Directorate web presence and effectively address stakeholder needs.
- Liaison with appointed external web agency, evaluating agency's performance against objectives set, producing creative and technical briefs and securing competitive quotes.
- Implementing online brand presence for the Directorate services and integrating it with its offline communications, and evaluating impact of individual activities on Directorate services.
- Monitoring Directorate presence on different social networks and ensuring that it complies with Directorate core values, aims and principles. Building relationships with key digital media and submitting Directorate content as required.
- Analysing website performance indicators and online user journey to identify areas for improvement, and initiating online activities reviews in the light of these insights.
- Using Analytics package to segment Directorate online audience into a number of specific target segments, and implementing web projects as appropriate to these segments.
- Ensuring strong customer (online user) focus throughout the Directorate, educating and influencing colleagues responsible for maintaining their websites regarding customer impact and importance of their online activities.
- Providing advice to colleagues within the Directorate regarding development and management of their websites, including developing a Web Resource Centre, and devising and delivering 1:1 training sessions and Directorate web workshops.
- Reviewing and improving Directorate Web Guidelines, Directorate Email Policy and other related guidelines and policies.
If you are interested in this position please do send me an up to date CV ASAP BY Tuesday the 8th of November.