Our client is a forward thinking and progressive global digital agency that have products at the heart of what they do. In order to further build on their success they are looking for a Director of Product Management. The product Director will have a strong influence over the ideation, strategy and development of products being built and will work with offices in the US. You will use the principles of human-centred design to guide compelling product design, enabling the intelligent use of technologies and allowing for smart Implementation.
The ideal candidate will have an abundance of different experiences and be able to mentor and communicate ideas to senior stake holders internally and externally.
We are looking for someone who genuinely believes in Product Management as a craft but understands a lot of the role can also be entirely counter-intuitive. We believe that great ideas don’t come from departments, they come from teams.
The Role of the Product Owner
- Be an evangelist for user needs and ensure that the human-centered approach is used throughout the life cycle of the product development and deployment
- Support and guide teams of visual designers, UX designers, developers and strategists as you develop product strategies
- Work alongside UX Designers to produce optimal performance mockups
- Document proposed design solutions in the form of comprehensive spec documents
- Design smart, highly optimized, solutions to project problems by taking into consideration the technical feasibility and general usability
- Work with the technical team to develop product requirement documents
- Review workflows of complex technical products
- Communicate development plans and delivery expectations to internal and external teams
- Manage project timelines and inspire our teams
- Communicate product revisions and updated roadmaps to delivery teams and internal/external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with our research and content teams to prioritize and create workflow plans
- Oversee the quality control for overall design vision: bringing a strong eye for design, and the ability to make modifications
- Review, critique and approve the production quality of all products before they are released
Persona of the Product Owner
- Understand that the big picture is important when designing great products
- Continuously strive to optimize product designs
- Significant experience working in the full capacity of a product manager while working with tools such as specification documents, wireframes, user stories, personas, etc.
- Prior experience within UX or Engineering within an agency
- Good understanding of how technology teams work
- Comprehensive experience building and launching online products
- Ability to articulate complex ideas internally and with our clients