eCommerce Content Manager
Daniel Marks is very excited to be working with a leading Lifestyle client looking for a talented E-commerce Content manager to join their dynamic Digital & Marketing team.
As the Ecommerce Content Manager, you will be responsible for managing the Ecommerce Content Team of two to develop all the Ecommerce copy and manage sample and cut out imagery across all product ranges.
You will ensure consistent, clear and brand appropriate product and category information is available to other areas of the business including PR, Marketing, Training, Visual Merchandising and Archive.
You will be creative and have strong interpersonal skills so that you can instruct on digital best practice and online content strategy, aligning the digital content plan with the brand's identity. You will report and support the Head of Ecommerce and are expected to provide leadership in his absence.
The working pattern for this role is Monday-Friday with flexibility needed during our peak periods in the business.
- Support the ongoing development and improvement of the website and Ecommerce customer service, establish the website as a product knowledge and information tool and resource
- Oversee all of the Content Management Systems (CMS) and category/product level maintenance of the website - using Magento and WordPress daily
- Liaise with Buying Team and Product Design to ensure all relevant products are included on the website including writing content and managing samples and cut out photography within the team
- Maintain all aspects of website content: product category pages, item descriptions, meta tags and descriptions, ensuring products and information are accurate, on brand and up to date always
- Create landing pages in response to planned SEO activities, seasonal calendar and marketing opportunities
- Continually liaise with the Merchandising and Marketing teams to update product content and imagery
- Manage the online visual merchandising of products and categories to help improve navigation and customer experience
- Work collaboratively with the Digital Marketing team to support email content
- Manage the Ecommerce Team providing leadership and motivation to enable them to achieve their best
- Plan the team resource based around upcoming collections, catalogues and seasonality and forecasted intake of new products
- Archive research and assets with clear and consistent storage pathways for use by other areas of the business
- Delegate appropriate tasks to the team providing consistent and constructive feedback on performance
- Co-ordinate and plan all Ecommerce Team meetings complete the Content Team's appraisals, regular 121s setting clear objectives from each meeting
- Be willing to participate and contribute in all team and company meetings
- Provide support and ad hoc training to ensure the team follow best practice and procedures always
- Work with Operations Team and Area Managers to ensure that store communications, queries and issues are addressed efficiently and accurately
- Communicate and share information via the Intranet to advise on any new collections, relevant content and product information such as pre-orders or onsite improvements
- Collaborate with the Digital Marketing Team on customer communications and Data Analyst to quantify opportunities
- Work with the Customer Service Team to ensure that all standards are met and maintain effective communication between the departments
- Present findings and identifying areas of improvement to senior management and external partners
- A strong knowledge of online marketing best practices
- Must have experience with CMS tools preferably including Magento and WordPress
- A creative thinker with a detail oriented approach to content
- A self-motivated, self-starter, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
- Team player
- Excellent copywriting and proof reading skills
- Ability to respond to changing priorities and react accordingly
- Experience working with web analytics tools such as Google Analytics is desired
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
If this is, you - please email your CV and a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience to Negah Amiri at Daniel Marks