Project Support Officer
New Project Support Officer role with a Local Transport Authority for a 12 month contract paying £189 PD ltd
Your new company
The organisation you will be working for is a Local Transport Authority based in Southwark and they are looking for a Project Support Officer to help assist in a range of new projects. The role is for a 12 month contract. The organisation is located in a great location right next to Public Transport Links.
Your new role
The main purpose of the role is to assist in the delivery of a range of projects as part of a targeted programme to influence the behaviour in line with the organisations strategic objectives.
- Assist in planning and managing projects in the sustainable freight and fleet transport programme including the maintenance of all documentation with regards to:
- Planning appropriate activities to meet milestones and deliverables
- Effective commissioning and contract management of supply chain partners (internal & external)
- Managing risks and issues defining contingency plans as appropriate
- Preparing progress and management information reports to inform decisions by senior management
- Assist in the review the success of projects delivered to support Freight and Fleet Project Manager by collating, processing and analysis of project information and data outcomes and benefits realisation demonstrating return on investment
What you'll need to succeed
You will need the following to be successful in this role:
- Good stakeholder engagement skills and demonstrated ability to liaise with key stakeholders and delivery partners
- Good at creating and presenting management information reports in order to inform on programme status and enable effective decision making
- Experience in a customer facing project support role
- Experienced as a project assistant coordinating the project office documentation
- Experience working to defined quality procedures
What you'll get in return
You will be working for an organisation that provides development and career opportunities. The role offers large scope and you will get a chance to be involved in lots of different projects.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.