Head of Data Innovation - Digital/Data Science/Insight
How would you like the opportunity to work for a blue-chip company, that's an incredibly data rich environment, but who are just starting out on their journey to really understanding the power that's held within it… and you will hold the role that's the key to unlocking it?
As the Head of Data Innovation, you will be part of the senior leadership team for a massive consumer brand business, with the remit of looking for sources of value in the company's data, running tests and trials to identify how to unlock it and realise true business benefit from not just wanting to become data centric, but having the real ability to leverage every opportunity into action and positively impact both the customer experience and add millions of Pounds of value to the business too!
You will be the thought leader for the division, setting out the bigger picture vision and direction, whilst also working across the wider stakeholder groups to engage and enlighten them on how these data innovations will drive the business forward. You team will be made up of 4 senior managers, each responsible for leading project teams pulled in from the broader data and insights divisions who will be piloting these new advances in data capabilities to prove their value in application versus the status quo.
Your work could be wide ranging and impact the business in many ways, as a few examples:
- Project around price elasticity
- Decision science, looking at new data sources which result in better educating what's the best thing to do at a relevant point in time for a customer - applying matching learning and data science techniques to improve the sophistication of the programme
- Omni-channel personalisation for customers - ensuring consistency and a joined up experience for consumers, and those experiences get richer over time as the business learns more about them and their behaviours - be that via contact centre, in app, over website, or in person and in-store, etc.
As the divisional leader you will be setting the vision for what can be achieved with the company's data, if they used it in different ways, selling this vision in to the business and setting up the environment where these things will be able to become adopted which will invariably include infrastructure changes too.
The business has lots of big change programmes already going on which you will be getting involved with as the controller of the data capability roadmap. So you will be coordinating and prioritising tests, pilots and changes to ensure they're properly integrated and will support with other projects being delivered too - for example, personalised email and customer on-site experience upgrades which will lead to new data sources which will need to be considered in how they can best provide new insight opportunities.
Role: Head of Data Innovation
Salary: £80,000 to £85,000
Benefits: £5k car allowance, 15% on target bonus, pension, healthcare, life assurance and blue-chip benefits package
- The ideal candidate will be a mix of consultancy and end client experience, where you've been looking at ways and means of pushing what's understood about and customer, the statistical and analytics techniques applied and coming up with new ideas around how to leverage data for strategic and commercial advantage for a business
- Great understanding of data and its use in delivering omni-channel personalisation
- Solid experience working with digital and online data and analytics is necessary - the company is evolving into an ever-more digital beast - so you need to know your way around things like Adobe, what it can and can't do… able to have a sensible understanding about what's best from a digital analytics platform perspective to deliver to a business' needs
- You've had some exposure to data science too - and know about machine learning and best practice modelling and algorithms based on statistical theory
- You're a vision setter and driver of projects within the data analytics field - you know how to run test and learn programmes, then taking small proof of concept pilots and scaling them up into full roll-outs
- Leadership experience of senior analysts and above is a pre-requisite
- Must have the necessary visas to live and work in the UK - sponsorship cannot be provided.
For further information please contact:
Managing Consultant - Blue Pelican Marketing
01892 507 100
You can view all our vacancies on our web site www.bluepelican.com, or call 01892 507 100 and ask for the marketing division.