BD Manager (Maternity Cover 6-12 Month FTC) - Legal
Reporting to the BD & Marketing Director, a contract position for 6-12 months (maternity cover) has come up for an experienced Business Development Manager. The purpose of this role is to support the client facing sales and business development activity across the firm's core sectors and services predominantly out of London but also liaising and working with colleagues in the marketing and BD functions in international offices. This role will focus on:
- Supporting the partners and business groups to identify and develop opportunities arising from the combination of strengths as a specialist law firm
- Helping to shape response to market changes, trends and developments
- Supporting the winning of new business from existing clients, warm and cold targets; lead generation and client pursuit
- Working as part of a bids function on sector and service line opportunities alongside the Head of Pricing
- Working with the global marketing function and partners to create/develop multi-channel, sector based marketing campaigns and taking these to market
- Hands-on day to day management of a wide and varied workload across a number of practice areas/sector groups
- Managing one executive level resource in the delivery of the above.
You will possess strong organisational and management skills to deliver marketing and BD activities and the budgeting that goes with them. You will work with the (Sector) Group Managing Partners and the Global head of corporate to implement the core, budgeted marketing activities and plans in support of partner BD activity in close collaboration with the Head of Marketing and the marketing team. You will also be required to organise and manage the partners and lawyers participation in client facing, sales driven initiatives such as events, seminars and client workshops, work with the Director of BD and Marketing to manage and maintain the current and future sales pipeline, coordinate and manage pitches as necessary working with the Head of Pricing, work with the marketing team to support product/service development and packaging and the building of comprehensive campaigns around these products/services, promote new business ideas within or across groups that are aligned to strategic goals and objectives.
You must have significant BD experience working in a professional services environment (preferably but not necessarily legal), strong management, execution and project management skills, be resilient, have experience of developing and implementing business and marketing plans, including budgeting, experience of working with groups and individual partners to create and roll out agreed marketing campaigns and activities, be forward thinking around upcoming major issues and planning response according to available response and possess experience of working effectively in a challenging and sometimes ambiguous environment.
Follow us on Twitter for the widest range of roles across the entire professional services sector - twitter.com/leightontaylorC