Marketing & BD Advisor - Legal
Under the overall guidance of the UK Practice Marketing Manager you will be working in close collaboration with the partnership to help drive forward the marketing and business development requirements of the London Capital Markets group which encompasses Equity and Debt Capital Markets, Derivatives and Structured Finance. To be successful in this role, you will need to immerse yourself in the broader capital markets market and products so that your input is relevant and targeted.
This role consists of three major components which are key to the successful delivery of this role to the partnership. These are:
- Serve as a single point of contact for partners in relation to practice-related marketing enquires and opportunities
- Working with the pitch team to oversee all aspects of the pitch process and follow up with partners on outcomes
- Work with the practice in London to manage the directory submission process
- Manage the award submission process and track success rates.
- Manage the firm's online presence so that overviews of the practice are 'on message', biographies are up to date and key news stories are developed to promote the practice
- Help manage the marketing budget
- Work with the Business Manager to help plan the marketing strategy and ensure it is aligned with the business plan
- Help raise the internal profile of the capital markets practice so they make the most of the firm's client base
- Promote cross-selling throughout the firm by working with the Sector Managers, CRM team and wider community to help manage and develop the Firm's clients
- Track market developments, competitor activity, opportunity spotting and feed this back to the partnership
- Work with the partnership and the PR team to ensure the practices' key messages and positioning are well understood externally
- Promote the practice internally amongst the sector teams, CRMs and Managing Relationship Partners and practice groups to ensure Capital Markets aspects of deals are understood by the client teams
- Work with the global team on thought leadership campaigns and ensure these are leveraged globally and are seen by the right clients
- Work with the PSL team to deliver timely client material in an imaginative and efficient way
- Help identify opportunities for client entertaining events and work with the Events team on the delivery of client entertainment, client hospitality and big practice events
The ideal candidate should be degree educated or equivalent and have relevant experience in business development /account management from a legal or professional services firm. You must have a high degree of commercial acumen and have a broad understanding of practice's main products.
Follow us on Twitter for the widest range of roles across the entire professional services sector - twitter.com/leightontaylorC