Job Purpose Summary
To be the key point of contact in all matters technical, working with the digital team and larger creative studio, to make sure our digital output is the very best in class.
You will work with teams to define a clear vision for client platforms and applications, manage prototype development, builds, provide leadership and direction to both our in house and external developers.
You will work closely with the Client Services team to define and qualify upcoming work, helping them manage both client and internal expectations.
You will be an enthusiastic tech evangelist, working with the Digital Creative director to help drive creative innovation throughout the company.
You will work with the Digital Creative Director to manage the digital team and provide a fun, challenging and rewarding environment for the designers and developers to thrive in.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- To be the key point of contact of all matters regarding the technical output of the company
- To lead and develop the internal technical team, including attracting young new talent
- Manage servers and deployment with the system administrator
- To work with the production function
- To create the right partnerships with both production companies and freelancers to allow us flexibility on digital delivery
- To ensure that work presented to client is feasible to deliver within the budget set or to identify the parameters / assumptions estimates are based on
- Ensure the partnership with the IT support function, hosting partners and server security is at the right level (for BU and for its clients)
- To partner with the Digital Creative Director to ensure that the collective design and technical teams integrate in a way that creates the best ideas and highest quality work for our clients.
- Technical documentation and communication of this to both developers and non-technical people
- Sit on the senior management team and help lead BUs vision and growth
Role-specific professional and technical skills
- Expert knowledge:
- Cloud infrastructure (AWS / Rackspace)
- PHP (inc Laravel and/or Symfony)
- Linux (Ubuntu)
- JS (vanilla, jQuery)
- Wordpress and range of other open source CMSs
- Good working knowledge of:
- CSS (SASS)
- Gulp / Grunt
- An appreciation and enthusiasm for modern development and project management workflows – Agile (Kanban, Scrum).
- Experience with Continuous Integration and its dependencies.
- Task and sprint management tools such as Assembla or Jira
These are the values we aspire to and which employees are expected to demonstrate through their behaviours:
Gutsy, Grounded, Curious, Agile
Our values mean that our people are not afraid to focus on the user of the brand to apply true insight and creativity, always with an eye towards helping brand builders achieve their business goals.
We relish and embrace challenges, but we never forget that our work has to work.
Apply for Technical Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More jobs like this
- Advertising Agency Business Development jobs in London (Central)
- Advertising Agency Digital / Online Marketing jobs in London (Central)
- Advertising Agency Production jobs in London (Central)
- Advertising Agency User Experience (UX) jobs in London (Central)
- Advertising Agency User Interface (UI) jobs in London (Central)