Director of B2B Acquisiton Marketing
An amazing opportunity for an experienced B2B Acquisition Marketer to join a global market leader in the payments industry for small and medium businesses (SMBs).
In the last year the importance of this segment to the company their vision and the complexity of the challenges associated have risen thereby producing the creation of an EMEA team focussed around winning the SMB segment.
This position is a 12 month contract covering Maternity Leave.
This person will be a key and senior member of the team and will own the 'front book' SMB P&L i.e. all activities affecting a merchant from Prospect to Activation. They will own how the company can make a step change improvement in how we sell to, sign up and activate new SMB merchants across EMEA. This involves:
- Owning EMEA Merchant NNA Drivers (New Activations, Reactivation and Upgrades), working closely with sub-regional SMB and B2B marketing teams to know, understand and drive growth in these metrics
- Working with marketing & web channel teams to improve SMB awareness of the business from paid and natural search to display re-targeting to ATL advertising to events/media and communications
- Working with marketing to create a clear and compelling value prop for new SMB merchants in EMEA bringing together all the features PP offers this segment (Merchant credit, physical card processing, white labelled gateway services, consumer credit etc)
- Working with product and marketing to drive higher sign up numbers, funnel efficiency and product activation
- Working with the integration and onboarding teams across EMEA and in the US to come up with strategies to get merchants activated and live quicker
- Deepening our collaboration with Ireland and reviewing/optimising our lead generation activities across EMEA
- Reviewing our channel partner footprint and placement across all three regions and forming/executing plans to build out and optimise
Key KPIs this role will be responsible for (co-owned with the sub-regions and marketing): merchant prospect and sign up numbers, sign up conversion rate, activation rate.
- 8+ years of related experience
- Highly analytical and understands how to monitor and drive business performance via multiple business metrics
- Work and lead effortlessly across functions, navigate a matrix organisation to get stuff done
- Ideally have some prior experience of small B2B sales/marketing or other 'long tail' customer acquisition/management
- Can deal with high degree of ambiguity, able to work effectively remotely, happy to break ground building out and operating in a role/team is still relatively new.
- Basic Qualifications: Bachelors, MBA or further study qualification desirable