Chief Marketing Officer / Marketing Director
Role: Chief Marketing Officer / Marketing Director
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Location: London OR Leeds/Manchester
Salary: IRO £125,000-£150,000pa plus bonus & benefits.
This business was founded by an experienced group of software entrepreneurs and web archivists to commercialise advanced web archiving technology that allows businesses and public sector organizations to capture, preserve, and make discoverable their web-based electronically stored information (ESI) in native format. They provide web archiving products and services to companies whose legal eDiscovery, records management, and compliance requirements demand that their web content be defensibly captured. The business is driven by the explosive growth of web-based information coupled with the need to meet legal, regulatory, compliance, and business intelligence requirements. They are now looking for a Chief Marketing Officer / Marketing Director to lead the sales and marketing process from lead generation and first stage marketing through to service delivery and customer retention.
Responsible for overseeing the planning, development and execution of the company’s marketing and sales initiatives. Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the CMO's primary responsibility is to generate revenue by increasing sales through successful marketing for the entire organization, using market research, pricing, product marketing, marketing communications, lead generation, business development, client retention strategies, advertising and public relations. The CMO will ensure the company message is distributed across channels and to targeted business audiences in order to meet sales objectives, seeking out new ways to deliver messaging.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Oversee all marketing operations and communications of the company and develop its sales and marketing strategy and vision.
- Responsible for all demand generation targets and activities to support achievement of revenue targets.
- Support sales team with relevant processes, tools and collateral to meet targets.
- Delivery of quality qualified leads.
- Proactive engagement with customer operations to embed marketing processes.
- Joint responsibility for product and market fit, with the CTO.
- Develop a standard sales process and pitch.
- Develop campaigns with quantifiable objectives to measure results.
- Develop and measure key metrics around the business including user acquisition, conversion rates, engagement rates, satisfaction and renewal rates.
- Leverage data and analytics to drive insights.
- Production of web presence, sales collateral, webinars and ROI calculators
- Seek out feedback from customers. Run the Customer Advisory Council
- Drive and implement all marketing activities to ensure on-brand positioning and awareness across all aspects of the marketing mix, inbound and outbound.
- Lead and drive marketing communication, ensuring clear and powerful messages about the product/service, brand and value proposition.
- Define and coordinate marketing programs for demand creation and lead generation with the Sales team and implement lead-tracking and management processes, from first stage through to service delivery and post-sale.
- Develop and implement robust client relationship management systems and processes.
- Manage all aspects of marketing planning, budgeting, metrics and reporting.
- Implement and leverage the latest marketing tools and technologies.
- Work with the Sales team to ensure all marketing goals, campaigns and strategies are perfectly aligned with the Sales Strategy.
- Utilise critical market & competitive research to segment and define target markets, refine and improve the product value proposition and implement the best market-penetration strategy.
- Manage external agencies and relationships with marketing services.
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with industry thought-leaders, marketing associations and advisors.
- Listen to the trends of the market and direct the market research efforts of the company.
- Liaise with other departments to guide a unified approach to customer service, distribution etc. that meets market demands.
- Acquire reliable and comprehensive data on sales and customer experience from other departments.
- Define marketing strategies to support the company’s overall strategies and objectives.
- Develop a feasible marketing and communication plans for the sales and service departments and oversee their implementation.
- Plan and organize marketing functions and operations (product development, branding, communications etc.), and ensure they project the company message.
- Design and coordinate promotional campaigns, PR and other marketing efforts across channels (digital, press etc.)
- Identify, manage and mitigate marketing risks.
- Build a highly efficient team of sales and marketing professionals as required
- Create a solid network of strategic partnerships.
- Build company and brand awareness, e.g. Keynote speaking and events
Skills & Abilities Required:
- Proven experience as Chief Marketing Officer or similar within a B2B environment, ideally from a technology and/or commercial Software as a Service sector.
- Demonstrable experience in developing efficient strategies and business plans for all marketing aspects (lead generation, branding, product/service promotion, client retention etc.)
- Solid understanding of market research and data analysis methods.
- Ability to apply marketing techniques over digital and non-digital channels.
- Accustomed to creating and implementing successful lead generation and business development campaigns and processes.
- Experienced in developing and maintaining strong client relationship management systems.
- Understanding of different business disciplines (IT, legal, finance etc.)
- A leader with both creative and analytical capabilities.
- Outstanding communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal abilities.
- The ability to write compelling, crisp copy for a variety of marketing channels.
- Experience of salesforce.com advantageous
- 8+ years of B2B marketing experience, as a CMO or other senior/director level role, with P&L responsibility.
- Exposure to a venture-backed tech start-up or in a comparable industry with well-rounded marketing / business development experience in positions of increasing responsibility.
- Degree educated with a specialization in Marketing preferred.
- International experience required.
- Leadership experience managing a small team of direct reports.
- Ability to innovate, increase lead generation and conversion, and deliver measurable bottom-line results.
- A hands-on collaborative style of working is a must.
- Exceptional track record developing and implementing marketing strategies that have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives.
- Experience in choosing, deploying and using marketing and sales applications.
- Strong operational and project management skills.
Apply for Chief Marketing Officer / Marketing Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly