BD Executive (Maternity Cover 6-12 Month FTC) - Legal
A great contract role has come up within a leading legal firm, for an experienced BD Executive looking for their next role. On a 6-12 month full-time contract (maternity cover), the purpose of this role is to work with and support the Business Development Manager in working with partners and practice groups in their client facing sales and business development activity across the firm's core sectors and services. The role is predominantly London based but will involve also liaising and working with colleagues in the marketing and BD functions in international offices. This role will focus on:
- Supporting the partners and business groups to identify and develop opportunities arising from the combination of our strengths as a specialist law firm Helping to shape our response to market changes, trends and developments
- Supporting winning new business from existing clients, warm and cold targets; lead generation and client pursuit
- Working as part of a bids function on sector and service line opportunities alongside the Head of Pricing
- Working with the global marketing function and partners to create/develop multi-channel, sector based marketing campaigns and taking these to market
- Hands-on day to day management of a wide and varied workload across a number of practice areas/sector groups
You must have strong organisational and project management skills to deliver marketing and BD activities and the budgeting that goes with them. You will work with senior team members to implement core, budgeted marketing activities and plans in support of partner BD activity in close collaboration with the Head of Marketing and the marketing team. Alongside this, you'll be required to organise and manage the partners and lawyers participation in client facing, sales driven initiatives such as events, seminars and client workshops, work with the BD Manager to gather and update information for the current and future sales pipeline, assist with, coordinate and run pitches as necessary working with the Head of Pricing and contribute to product/service development and packaging and the building of comprehensive campaigns around products/services.
You will need to have BD experience working in a professional services environment (preferably but not necessarily legal), have strong management, execution and project management skills, experience of developing and implementing business and marketing plans, including budgeting. You will also need experience of marketing campaigns, working with groups and individual partners to create and roll out agreed campaigns and activities, and experience of working effectively in a challenging and sometimes ambiguous environment. Having sales experience also would be distinct advantage, as would the ability to work collaboratively, follow through and deliver to completion to a high standard.
Follow us on Twitter for the widest range of roles across the entire professional services sector - twitter.com/leightontaylorC