Senior Audience Analyst
Senior Audience Analyst
London, SE1 or Edinburgh
Our client is the independent regulator and competition authority for the UK communications industries. They regulate the TV, radio, fixed-line telecoms, mobile telecoms and postal sectors, plus the radio spectrum over which wireless devices operate.
The audience measurement team is part of our client’s Market Intelligence team. The team specialises in the measurement of audiences across all platforms, working with industry tools such as Comscore, BARB and RAJAR to generate audience insights, as well as working with cross-media audience research, such as Digital Day. The team provides first class analysis of audience behaviour to produce a robust evidence base for the organisation’s policy and regulatory work. You will work collaboratively with other teams and with external stakeholders to deliver objectives. The work includes leading the delivery of the Annual Report, Communications Market Report, and International Communications Market Report.
Audience Analysts are capable of displaying excellent analytical, insight, and communication skills, a methodical approach to their work and the ability to work collaboratively. The purpose is to provide high quality analysis of audience behaviour using industry tools across all platforms including leading pieces of analysis that contribute to flagship publications such as the Communications Market Report, as well as to policy projects. The team is made up of around 15 colleagues, who are committed to working together to conduct high quality analysis that makes a real difference to consumers.
What you will be doing
- Produce and analyse audience data ensuring that relevant insights and trends are understood to inform a wide variety of internal and external projects
- Responsible for ensuring the data is quality checked, accurate and robust
- Present analysis in a concise, clear, and easily accessible way in writing and face to face
- Work with colleagues to scope and produce specifications for audience analysis and outsource to our bureau partners when required, managing the whole process to delivery
- Commission BARB Establishment Survey data from BARB bureaux
Skills and Experience:
- Proficient using BARB database (InfoSys+ preferably but also TechEdge), Comscore and RAJAR
- Excellent analytical skills: the ability to interrogate industry data and to draw conclusions from a range of data sets, demonstrating command of detail and of the bigger picture
- Proficient in using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint to manage data sets, analyse results and present data in clear, concise and creative ways
- To be a self-starter: to seek information pro-actively and have an investigative mind when looking at data results
- Attention to detail and the patience and commitment to ensure work is accurate
- Excellent communication skills: able to communicate effectively to different audiences in writing or face to face
- Strong project management skills: the agility to juggle and prioritise a range of work, projects and ad-hoc requests
- Ability to build trust and maintain business relationships with teams across Ofcom
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Interest in or specific knowledge of the broadcasting and on-demand industries
- Interest in and appreciation of the role of regulation in the communications sector
- Degree or equivalent higher qualification
To apply for the role of Senior Audience Analyst, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Senior Audience Analyst, Comscore, BARB, RAJAR, Infosys+, Techedge, Audience, Insights, Analysis, Analyse, Data, Report, Investigate, Project Management, Broadcasting, Data Sets, Audience Analyst, Broadcasting Analyst, Data Analyst, Audience Measurement Analyst.