Senior Product Manager
You will be responsible for developing the success of one of our brands within the Consumer Product Divisions of the UK marketplace. Taking the lead for operational activity around the brand, you will support local strategy working with senior management based on your deep understanding of the market and your brand. You will be closely supported by your management team. This is a full on product management challenge with a commercial leaning in a fast moving, creative and dynamic environment ideal for an entrepreneurial individual.
- Commercial – Your challenge is to drive the implementation of the commercial strategy for your brand. You will be relied upon by the field team in particular for marketing and commercial knowledge and support presenting to customers – effective Product Managers will form a close partnership with the sales team. You will be expected to have strong commercial acumen and to take on field commercial responsibilities when needed. Your role will also involve managing key accounts so good people skills are essential.
- People Management Skills – You will be responsible for coordinating/managing and developing two field based staff, an Account Executive and an Educator. You will need to lead by example, nurture their professional development and foster a supportive team environment of openness, creativity and trust.
- Media – You will be involved in shaping your brand’s PR strategy and spend in the UK focusing mainly within specific consumer media and the trade press. Your role will involve managing the brand’s relationship with external agencies as well as maximising the resources of internal PR departments.
- POS – You will create compelling POS merchandising, and literature to build brand presence, increase consumer awareness and brand loyalty. With the support of your Marketing Manager and with feedback from your field team you will also develop technical and education material.
- Budget – You will take on the responsibility of accurate budget planning and will work closely with Senior Management and the Finance department to maximise profitability.
- Strategy – With support from Senior Management you will have a pivotal role in setting local strategy for the brand both in the short and long term. This will be an ideal platform for future strategy roles.
- Promotions – Each brand will respond differently to different promotional ideas, your challenge is to ensure the right promotional mix for the brand to maximise commercial results. Promotions vary from New Product Launches, to commercial animations, and at all times, you must be able to apply the right promotional planning to ensure the success and profitability of each promotion.
- Operations – You will be responsible for working very closely with the supply chain and logistics team to ensure product availability and correct stock levels of both stock and POS materials
- Presentation skills – You will be expected to be an internal and external ambassador for your brand and as such will need to have great presentation skills, be able to balance the demands of key stakeholders and utilise your skills of negotiation and influence
- As well as these key job accountabilities you will also be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the Shot Sheen Carson team/brand on a day to day basis.
Excellent eye for design and sensitivity to your specific market.
- Expertise in marketing equivalent to one or two years’ experience covering the full mix of brand management and in FMCG and / or Retail
- Experience in managing projects, ideally print production or point of sale projects to successful conclusion
- Capacity to deal effectively with a wide range of people and form effective working relationships
- Experience in presenting and communicating with expert audiences who can pose challenges
- High attention to detail
- Solid IT ability including good experience with PowerPoint and Excel