Digital Marketing Officer
To maintain, enhance and analyse the DKMS presence across multiple digital channels. To recruit potential blood stem cell donors, and inform the public on the need for money donations and encourage people to volunteer, through various digital marketing activities, campaigns and initiatives.
DKMS is a global family of organisations that started in Germany in 1991 around one family’s search for a donor. Dr. Peter Harf founded DKMS in honour of Peter’s wife Mechtild, who had sadly lost her battle with blood cancer.
DKMS has grown to become the world’s largest stem cell donor centre. Almost 60,000 people have made a potentially lifesaving blood stem cell donation since 1991. Today, over 6.5 million potential donors have registered across the five countries in Germany, the US, Poland, the UK and in Spain. Since starting in 2013, DKMS UK has registered over 200,000 potential donors.
Marketing and Communications Department
The marketing and communications team ensures that the DKMS brand and visibility is enhanced amongst the public in the UK, with the goal of raising awareness and motivating people to register as potential blood stem cell donors.
The team also focuses on informing registered potential donors about DKMS news to motivate and engage them over the long-term to be available and prepared when a stem cell donation is needed. In addition, the team also helps support and promote activities of other departments that for example, focus on raising funds to match donor registration costs and deliver community volunteering to help raise awareness.
Digital activity is centred around the DKMS UK website where all information regarding blood stem cell donation is consolidated, plus country specific social media and other online channels.
The Marketing & Communications team is responsible for the UK marketing & communications strategy and activities. At a global level, DKMS also operates an ‘International Marketing Team’ based in Germany,that coordinates activities that are rolled out across all countries.
This is a new role that will sit between two existing roles. The Digital Marketing Manager takes the lead on digital planning and approvals and the Digital Marketing Assistant delivers a large proportion of the current social media posting and web changes under guidance from the Digital Marketing Manager.
To implement the digital aspects of the UK marketing communications strategy (and as relevant, global/international activity) by supporting the Digital Marketing Manager and working closely with the Digital Marketing Assistant, in the planning and implementation of agreed plans and activities covering the following key activity areas:
- DKMS UK is currently part way through a long term programme to introduce a new global CRM system (SalesForce). The Digital Marketing Manager leads on the development, launch and internal training regarding marketing/communications functionality in the UK and this role will be heavily involved in supporting this activity (likely two days per week from appointment until June 2017, with reduced on-going involvement).To act as Deputy Editor for the DKMS UK website:
- This role will generate new content and deliver website changes (directly via the CMS or in liaison with a web agency) as necessary alongside the Digital Marketing Assistant.
- Lead on the review, restructure and optimise existing site content for SEO.
- To act as the website Editor in the long term absence (e.g. annual leave) of the Digital Marketing Manager, and potentially on other ad-hoc occasions, including reviewing/approving copy & changes proposed by the Digital Marketing Assistant.
- To act as Deputy Editor for all our social media channels and support the management of our online community, growing followers and fans:
- This role will generate posts/content as necessary alongside the Digital Marketing Assistant.
- This role will also be the lead for planning and implementing social media engagement initiatives, for example, Thunderclap, social media chats with stem cell donors, etc.
- To act as Editor in the long term absence (e.g. annual leave) of the Digital Marketing Manager, and potentially on other ad-hoc occasions, including reviewing/approving posts generated by the Digital Marketing Assistant.
- To take the sole lead on social media listening and management tools to deliver, measure and monitor activity.
- To take the sole lead on Google Analytics and other tools to measure, analyse and report on the digital impact of integrated marketing campaigns and programmes.
- To take the sole lead on the implementation and development of SEO/ SEM, PPC and Google AdWords. Manage, analyse and report on online advertising (AppNexus, Google Display ads, Bing ads, etc.) To act as lead liaison point with current/future supporting agencies.
- Any other duties as requested by the Digital Marketing Manager and Head of Marketing and Communications.
- Qualified to degree level and at least three years experience in digital communications and marketing, in a similar role, ideally within the charity sector.
- Experienced in using (and ideally supporting the implementation of) a CRM system. Knowledge of Salesforce and the Marketing Cloud an advantage.
- Experience of acting as an Editor/Deputy Editor within a social media and web context an advantage.
- Highly experienced in the use of social media for professional use, e.g. Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and social media management tools.
- Solid analytical skills, including Google Analytics. Highly numerate with good data analysis/ insight skills and experience preparing reports, enabling the capability to build understanding of user behaviour.
- Demonstrable previous success with SEO/PPC and setting up /developing Google Adwords.
- Ability to plan well, work to deadlines, prioritise tasks and cope with pressure at times.
- Able to juggle hands on delivery and reviewing work of others.
- Demonstrable experience in supporting the delivery of integrated campaigns and innovative communication strategies using digital marketing channels.
- Excellent copywriting and creative skills.
- Highly experienced in using CMS (preferably Drupal), with basic HTML/ coding skills an advantage. Propensity to learn new applications quickly and to a high level of competence.
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft office suite essential and experience in Photoshop an advantage.
- A proactive, flexible and friendly manner, with good team-working skills.
- Willingness to travel internationally on limited occasions.
Conditions of Employment
- 37.5 hour week, Monday to Friday (9am – 5pm)
- On rare occasions, social media delivery/monitoring may be required out of hours in relation to specific campaigns/events. Time off in Lieu will be given.
- Salary – advised to candidates on request to DKMS (UK) HR office.
- 25 days’ holiday per annum (plus public holidays).
Apply for Digital Marketing Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More jobs like this
- Charity / Not for Profit Digital / Online Marketing jobs in London (Central)
- Charity / Not for Profit Social Media jobs in London (Central)
- Charity / Not for Profit SEO jobs in London (Central)
- Charity / Not for Profit PPC jobs in London (Central)
- Charity / Not for Profit Campaigns jobs in London (Central)