Customer Insight Analyst - SQL (SAS, SPSS, R)
A leading name in the consumer telcoms industry are looking to appoint a Customer Insight Analyst to join their customer analysis team. The successful candidate will work as part of a team of 12 who carry out exploratory analysis to define an insight led strategy which supports marketing activity.
You will be joining a mature business with tens of millions of customers across a variety of products and services and as such have a rich and mature data asset to get to grips with. You will also have the opportunity to work with R and get into the world of Big Data.
The kind of issues you will be looking to find answers to will be linked to CRM and Marketing efforts and will include the likes of:
- What is causing customer churn? How should we combat it?
- What are our best performing channels and why?
- What can we do to increase acquisition across 'x' product / service?
- We want to launch a new proposition, who should we be targeting and why?
You will be working in support of a Senior Insight Analyst who will lead the senior stakeholder engagement. However that doesn't mean your role will be siloed into just the analysis work, it's fully expected for your role to also be business facing, engaging with marketing and commercial teams to understand their needs for data and insight, as well as presenting back findings in meaningful and engaging ways with clear calls for action which will guide their strategy and inform business decisions.
- Build relationships with stakeholders with the view to continuously increasing the perception of the data and insight team, and the value of data underpinning business decisions and marketing action
- Utilise a variety of data sources - both on and offline - applying a variety of analytical techniques and utilising predictive models to identify trends and truth within the data
- Translate analysis insights and pull out key meanings, creating actionable insight which you will deliver through compelling stories and sound recommendations to marketing and commercial teams.
About the Company
They're a major player within the consumer telecoms market and one with tens of millions of customers. They're investing within their analytics function at the moment, bringing in new tools and capabilities to enable them to take advantage of the wealth of data they hold on their customers across multiple products and services. This is an incredibly right data environment and one whose scale is hard to beat.
You can expect lots of opportunity to shine, especially with having direct stakeholder engagement and ownership, and also the ability to positively influence business results and see them through.
They're on an exciting journey, making their data a key asset to drive competitive advantage, pushing new boundaries and investing not only in their data and analysis infrastructure, but also in their products and services, developing 'next generation' solutions at the moment across TV, mobile and broadband services which are due to launch over the next year and beyond.
Role: Customer Insight Analyst
Location: London (City of London)
Salary: £38,000 to £48,000
Benefits: 10% bonus, 25 days annual leave, flexible benefits plan and lots more.
- Highly proficient in SQL
- You're familiar with working with a recognised statistical analysis tool like SPSS, SAS, R, etc.
- Experience in analysing large customer databases (multi-million rows), ideally on behalf of a large blue chip organisation - so your experience can be from either client or agency side
- Experience of working with a marketing team on customer analysis, campaign analytics or business analytics projects
- Experience in working with an applying propensity models (note, not specifically building them)
- Sound commercial mindset, able to link analysis work to achieving commercial business goals and specifically the ability to take something complex and turn it into a simple, clear and compelling story of action which you can communicate to a non-technical audience such as sales and marketing people
- Good numerical education and ability
- You have the right to live and work in the UK already - this company will not provide sponsorship
For more information please contact Colin @ Blue Pelican by applying below.
Managing Consultant - Blue Pelican Marketing
01892 507 100
You can view all our vacancies on our web site www.bluepelican.com