Product Manager, Digital TV / TV On-Demand
A new opportunity has arisen for a talented, digitally savvy individual who also has a real interest in the digital TV and TV on-demand space to join one of the key market players as they look to grow their team further in support of the evolution of their product set.
In this role you will be working as a Product Manager, owner of the product experiences for users across any non-set-top box channels. So will include all second screen (tablet, mobile, etc) and streaming services which enable the consumer to view content anywhere.
Your role can be defined as:
- Defining the product experience
- Identifying if the changes/updates/improvements you make have been effective
- Managing the day-to-day of the platforms themselves - ensuring things are working as appropriate, providing resolutions where appropriate
You will be owner of the product experience, which will mean looking at how the consumer interacts with the platform, so how they find and watch stuff, use various features and ensuring what you do results in delivering great stuff people love.
You will therefore be responsible for identifying the 'as is' and the 'should be' of any part of the experience you're looking to improve, then managing the development of this into life, including the post-live evaluation on things like:
- How it has changed consumer behaviour
- How many uses/views have happened and the result of those views since the 'go live' of new features/journey
- What the consumer watched
- How easily they found it
- Number of users on the platform and how changes have improved this
- Supporting on bug resolution and FAQ's which are put onto site to support the consumer self-servicing for issue resolutions
To be successful in this role you need to be able to demonstrate experience working across web/digital environments, understanding issues, breaking them down into their constituent parts, rebuilding the solution to resolve the issue and re-launching it - with your measures of cussed being around improving the experience, usage, engagement, usability of the website/digital proposition - it doesn't have to be within digital TV specifically. But it does have to be experience gained within a large-scale, consumer organisation specifically.
With this opportunity you will be joining a business that's spending heavily on the future of their TV offering. They're still a relative newcomer to the digital and paid TV market, so their operation is agile and fast-paced, with lots to do and plenty of scope for improvements. Joining at this stage of their journey will see you having a strong voice in the development of their next-gen TV service offering which is currently in the planning stage.
In recent years they've become known for disrupting the status-quo within the various markets they play in, investing heavily in digital innovation and new technologies.
They have a serious ambition to become recognised as truly customer centric, which in itself is driving a lot of positive change across the business.
Role: Product Manager, Digital TV / TV On-Demand
Salary: £40,000 to £48,000
Benefits: 10% on target bonus, pension, healthcare, life assurance and blue-chip benefits package
- A couple of years' experience established within a large consumer organisation - so you know how to orientate within big, blue-chip companies - how to pull together stakeholders to work together to deliver projects
- Experience within a digital environment working on digital optimisation, digital experience improvement or enhancing a digital sales experience for a large, consumer brand
- Exposure to the consumer TV market would be ideal, but isn't specifically necessary
- Good project management skills - able to demonstrate where and how you've been responsible for the end-to-end delivery of something relevant to this role - from initial creation of the requirements, pulling together the project team through to delivery and evaluation in-life too
- Experience within digital product management isn't a pre-requisite - this role would suit someone with digital optimisation experience, digital product ownership or digital business analyst skills and experience because of how it works
- Must have the necessary visas to live and work in the UK - sponsorship cannot be provided.
For further information please contact:
Managing Consultant - Blue Pelican Marketing
01892 507 100
You can view all our vacancies on our web site www.bluepelican.com, or call 01892 507 100 and ask for the marketing division.