Marketing - Fashion - 25k - London
What does your company do?
Launched in 2014, our client is a characterful and colourful clothing and accessories fast-growing brand all about relaxation. The company’s focus is nightwear – and the classic PJs are the best seller. They design everything in their studio in Hatton Garden including the hand-drawn prints. Ethics is important to the company, all goods are produced in factories that work ethically and responsibly. Our client strives to create a responsible brand which empowers all who work with it.
They sell to some of the most famous department stores in the world and to smaller, award-winning boutiques. We also sell direct to the customer via our e-commerce site.
How can this candidate expect to spend their day?
You will be a critical member of the team and working directly for the Managing Director of the business with a specific focus on social media, marketing and PR to grow awareness and reputation with our clients’ customers - sophisticated, hardworking 30+ women.
Marketing and PR
- Driving social media content and updates on a daily basis and ensuring social media channels are alive, engaging and responsive – Facebook/Twitter/Instagram
- Creating marketing and social media content and assets – e.g. photography for Instagram, articles for blog, supporting main/annual photography shoots – lifestyle and product
- Finding and developing brand partnerships - working with third parties and brands to together drive audience growth and their database
- Supporting blogger outreach & influencer marketing (primarily PR driven)
- Building community engagement – for example by sourcing or writing blog content
- Event management – promoting the company amongst key influencers by organizing events that spread the word – e.g blogger events, customer evenings. Includes creating a theme, inviting attendees, pulling together furniture, products, materials like giveaways
- Driving a PR plan and developing contacts with relevant press to secure coverage in their key target publications (e.g. Red, Harpers Bazaar, Stylist, Times, Observer, Independent, The Pool etc)
- Driving email marketing campaigns and working with key partners (e.g. RAIS) to develop the e-commerce audience
- Using analytics (e.g. Google Analytics, Shopify) to support decision making
- Supporting the MD with marketing presentations at key meetings – e.g. department stores and brand partners
- Planning ahead – keeping a track on content across year and measuring results!
General Admin Support to MD
- Managing the product samples – loaning them out to relevant partners and press, tracking them and ensuring they are returned
- Dealing with customer queries and processing returns where necessary on our e-commerce platform
- Answering the phone
The ideal candidate’s personality and qualifications;
- Excellent interpersonal skills - A positive attitude and friendly yet professional demeanour is essential along with the flexibility to work in a fast paced environment.
- Self-starter - You must be prepared to work on your own with regular contact into your line manager (the MD of the business).
- Engaging writer - Strong writing skills and the ability to write engaging content that will appeal to the customer.
- Solid IT skills - You need to be able to do the basics - PowerPoint, Word, Excel but should also be able to pick up new programmes fast (we work with cloud-based software across CRM, accounting and inventory management).
- Social media proficiency -Understands how brands build excitement and engagement on these channels (with some examples to talk about).
- Highly organised - Detail oriented, organized approach to multi-tasking.
- Self-motivated -Goal oriented, efficient and passionate about learning.
- Team player
What are the perks of working at this company?
This full time role will enable you to have lots of responsibility fast – and to share in the excitement of growing a new brand from scratch. The role will be varied – you will be expected to muck in with the team and be flexible in how you work. In return, you will learn a lot and get exposure to a high growth and friendly start up in a creative office environment.