Product Manager, TV Set-Top Box and Digital App
A new opportunity has arisen to join one of the big brand TV platform providers as a Product Manager. In this role you will be supporting not only the immediate 0-18 month lifecycle, but also working closely with the Head of Function on the longer-term, 'future tv' vision piece too. Working on market, competitor analysis, innovation opportunities and emerging trends as well as technologies and start-ups which will impact the consumer TV market over the next 3-5 years, looking for and evaluating opportunities which could provide real leverage for the business.
The core of your role will focus around the product lifecycle related to the set-top box experience of a premium TV service provider. This will include managing the product feature backlog, looking at continuously improving the set-top box experience, ensuring it delivers what the consumer's evolving needs are (especially as new capabilities emerge), and also working on the company's next-generation set-top box and digital app too.
Your remit will include an aspect of infrastructure; understanding how content comes into the business and how it then gets distributed across the various channels to the consumer. So will include some technical understanding around things like encoding - but this is something you will become familiar with quickly in the role.
Some projects within this business unit can be smaller and less defined, as such you will take on the role of Project Manager too - so will hold responsibility for the end-to-end from creation of the requirements based on the product feature backlog, then bringing all stakeholders together from across TV, platform, commercial, marketing, technology, finance and customer service teams to ensure it's delivered on time and to budget. Then setting up the measurement framework to understand how the new feature/experience/capability is being used and working for the end consumer to ensure it successfully achieves what was originally set out.
With this opportunity you will be joining a business that's spending heavily on the future of their TV offering. They're still a relative newcomer to the digital and paid TV market, so their operation is agile and fast-paced, with lots to do and plenty of scope for improvements. Joining at this stage of their journey will see you having a strong voice in the development of their next-gen TV service offering which is currently in the planning stage.
In recent years they've become known for disrupting the status-quo within the various markets they play in, investing heavily in digital innovation and new technologies.
They have a serious ambition to become recognised as truly customer centric, which in itself is driving a lot of positive change across the business.
Role: Product Manager, TV Set-Top Box and Digital App
Salary: £40,000 to £48,000
Benefits: 10% on target bonus, pension, healthcare, life assurance and blue-chip benefits package
- A couple of years' experience established within a large consumer organisation - so you know how to orientate within big, blue-chip companies - how to pull together stakeholders to work together to deliver projects
- Some technical understanding of broadcast media - namely how it's delivered over digital channels to a consumer - so you understand how people consume content from a technical perspective - I.e. the delivery of TV content either other TV platforms or over digital data/video streaming channels
- Exposure to the consumer TV market would be ideal, but similarly experience within something like consumer mobile would be good too
- Good project management skills - able to demonstrate where and how you've been responsible for the end-to-end delivery of something relevant to this role - from initial creation of the requirements, pulling together the project team through to delivery and evaluation in-life too
- You're competent working with budgets and finance matters, allocating and tracking spend for both project and development work
- Must have the necessary visas to live and work in the UK - sponsorship cannot be provided.
For further information please contact:
Managing Consultant - Blue Pelican Marketing
01892 507 100
You can view all our vacancies on our web site www.bluepelican.com, or call 01892 507 100 and ask for the marketing division.
Apply for Product Manager, TV Set-Top Box and Digital App
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly