Customer Marketing Managers - Grocery
A leading premium global drinks business is now looking for a Customer Marketing Manager to work on their grocery spirits & wines portfolio.
Our client has an enviable range of premium spirits & wine brands, from world renowned icons to niche specialist spirits brands. Drinks or FMCG experience is essential for this role. The successful applicant will be responsible for relationships with several major multiple retailers.
To be a channel expert and to translate brand plans into channel specific, deliverable marketing activity that will increase consumer demand for our brands.
The Customer Marketer is a key member of the channel team, contributing to all aspects of channel strategy. They negotiate Customer Marketing activity with customers and facilitate the flow of information between both sales and marketing to ensure brand and commercial objectives are achieved.
-Lead the development of customer marketing plans; with key internal stakeholders and managing key agency relationships.
-Develop, negotiate and agree activity with customers to ensure brand and commercial objectives (including those stated in the account plan) are achieved.
-Enhance the value of premium brands by giving targeted consumers the best opportunity to purchase brands.
-Implement Customer Marketing Activity and drive digital programs
-Evaluate activity based on sales uplift, ROI, and specific objectives of each activity
-Manage the customer marketing spend vs. budget
-Manage the customer marketing promotional calendars
-Manage projects and key channel marketing initiatives
-Develop customer element of channel and sub-channel strategies in order to deliver brand and commercial objectives
In addition, the role is pivotal in identifying channel specific opportunities & initiative and developing trade facing category based rationale.
• Customer – negotiate, agree and implement
• Brand teams – contribute to brand development, and translate brand plans into channel activity
• Sales – communicate and reinforce brand plans, negotiate and agree activity, and gather customer intelligence during regular meetings
• Finance – budgets and spend reviews
• Key agencies – scope, tender and select
• Category Management Team
Qualifications & Experience
• Graduate calibre
• A levels/Degree qualified (or equivalent)
• CIM and/or WSET qualification
• FMCG/Drinks industry experience together with customer/trade or shopper marketing exposure
• Communication, planning, organisation, strong presentation skills
• Computer literate (Word, excel, outlook, PowerPoint)
• Digital experience
• Sales and/or marketing experience
Please include a CV in Word format together with your salary expectations. All candidates meeting the requirement will be contacted within 2 weeks.