Product Manager / Andover / 35k / Excellent benefits / FMCG
My client is an established leading FMCG business based in Andover, looking to expand their team with a Product Manager.
- Project manage the Product life cycle from strategic planning to costing, sourcing and quality control ensuring regular updates to internal key stakeholders such as Sales, Licensing and Brokerage.
- Champion new Product innovation into the market, ensuring products developed by the business are in line and ahead of the competition.
- Analyse Product sales statistics ensuring individual product forecasts are achieved, gap analysis followed and opportunities to further maximise the product's potential are progressed.
- Develop and deliver product range updates for the Sales team to include any changes.
- Develop business cases for new product ranges and, on approval, brief the Studio team on all new or refreshed Product.
- Advise on sourcing new suppliers and backups for new product ranges considering their ability to fulfil product specification.
- Brief the correct product specification for new lines to Suppliers/ Manufacturers.
- Manage the testing and certification of products through the use of external testing agents.
- Define and deliver a preproduction / production (including samples) approval process for new or refreshed product in collaboration with Creative, Licensor or Customer for approval.
- Co-ordinate the costing of new product developed ensuring the business achieves standard margin
- Champion live product data including the PDF
- 5 years' experience in product development & strategic planning
- An ability to manage multiple fast paced projects & deadlines
- Market research & competitor analysis
- Advanced Knowledge of Microsoft Office in particular numerical analysis skills using Excel
- Experience in data analysis and database management
- Strong and positive interpersonal and communication skills