Senior Manager-Media Planning
MEDIA PLANNING MANAGER - FINANCIAL SERVICES
Our client a leading global player in the financial services sector is looking for an experienced Media Planning professional (with agency or client side experience). You will have strong Excel skills, excellent experience in managing multi-million pound budgets and strong stakeholder management skills.
The role sits within the Global Marketing Communications team. You will have a strong degree of autonomy and will have the opportunity to work independently on leading and delivering marketing initiatives;
- Manage and track all of the Marketing team's budgets. Work closely with the Global COO on all financial reporting, monitoring and budgeting.
- Partner with global Media Agency to drive change in behaviors to develop and implement a global media strategy.
- Provide analytical support to understand and reduce overall media costs without incurring negative impact on the overall marketing objectives
- Assisting in leading, managing and challenging the day to day relationship with media agencies to ensure they are driving change and achieving the Groups cost rationalization objectives.
- Lead the Media Community initiative by building a centre of excellence for facilitating best practice, pioneering appropriate marketing and media innovations and to drive better understanding of effectiveness in media.
- Partner with the planning teams across the business to continuously review reporting metrics and validity, liaising with media agencies and senior stakeholders where appropriate. Implement framework and methodology, providing strategic vision of global marketing investment forecast.
- Lead the media audit from a Global Marketing perspective alongside Procurement to assess media value commitments, volume discounts and rebates that the global media agency returns, ensuring they are fair and correct and meet all contractual compliances.
- Work with Global Procurement and Global Finance to ensure that any returns are commercialized into legitimate sustainable save commitments for the Global Marketing Function
- Effectively manage the budgets alongside the Global Head of Marketing & Brand communications to ensure that there are no overspends and that agency reconciliations are carried out regularly and on time.
- Assist in the management of the Global roster agencies annual evaluations, setting up the system to send out the evaluations, responsible for collating and analyzing the data. Identifying common themes and recommending actionable measures across both markets and agencies to strengthen relationships and output.
- Media planning experience (gained within either a Marketing/Media agency or client side)
- Strong financial acumen and able to effectively work with Excel
- Experience in carrying out a media audit
- Excellent budgetary management experience with a proven track record of working with budget management tools and working with large, multi-million pound budget
- Understanding of the marketing mix, strong stakeholder management skills including experience of managing external agencies. Champion and embed best practice management in all marketing related activities across the businesses and regions.
- Strong stakeholder management skills and can demonstrate a track record of delivering successful market strategies
- Strong project management skills including the ability to multi-task, prioritise and meet deadlines within budget.
Please send your cv to Emma Jerome via the link provided
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.
Apply for Senior Manager-Media Planning
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly