BD Executive (Private Equity/Corporate) - Legal
The Business Development Executive will provide business development support to the EME Corporate practice group with a particular focus on Private Equity. You will be responsible for co-ordinating and implementing business development activities, overseeing client events and supporting group strategies across the firm for Private Equity/EMEC. This is a great opportunity to work closely with other business development professionals in London and globally to ensure that EMEC's client targeting initiatives and information on existing and potential deals are coordinated successfully. The position sits within a growing and energetic firm-wide marketing team of professionals and includes close interaction with the Key Account Management team.
Main responsibilities include:
- Working on new proposal opportunities and being instrumental in delivering a first good working document for the partners
- Updating and preparing practice related materials (practice group profiles, deal/matter case studies, CVs etc.) and helping to collate and produce documents for pitches and proposals
- Collecting deal/case/matter information and maintaining deal lists. Updating firm databases with significant deals and submitting to external sources
- Updating lawyer and practice group information on the Firm's website and intranet
- Working closely with US and EMEA counterparts to develop an international approach to BD
- Co-ordinating practice group projects and acting as a liaison point between the design and events teams in respect of client events
- Co-ordinating directory submissions with the Branding and Communications team and helping the partners prepare for interviews with legal directory researchers
- Working with the EMEA PR team, and the U.S. PR team as needed, on practice group PR initiatives and profile raising
- Liaising with the finance and research and analysis department to produce financial reports on clients
The successful candidate must have a minimum of 12 to 18 months experience in a marketing or business development position within Private Equity/Corporate and should be educated to degree level or equivalent, with some experience of client facing activities. The Business Development Executive (Private Equity/Corporate) must have advanced experience of Microsoft Office Suite, strong organisation skills and demonstrate a willingness to learn and actively promote the use of the firm's CRM system. Familiarity with account principles and reporting would also be advantageous. The role is client facing and requires strong organisational skills, the ability to manage a large workload and confidence to work with limited management thus excellent attention to detail and the ability to perform under pressure is critical.
Follow us on Twitter for the widest range of roles across the entire professional services sector - twitter.com/leightontaylorC